Say at least 5 good things about B&R

Started by Edd Grayson, Wed, 24 Jul 2013, 15:52

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: BatmanFanatic93 on Fri, 26 Jul  2013, 19:04
Quote from: thecolorsblend on Fri, 26 Jul  2013, 18:53
Quote from: JokerMeThis on Fri, 26 Jul  2013, 18:38I do like "nerdy" women. I like Selina's look in Batman Returns before she becomes Catwoman. Her look, personality and demeanor.

So you're into women who look repressed and act like doormats?

Quote from: BatmanFanatic93 on Fri, 26 Jul  2013, 18:44Y'know why didn't burton use arkham in his films?I mean it seems like something he would have put in his films without questioning it yet it's not in there.
Where would you have put it?
Well for the burtonverse of batman i would put it on a island away from gotham kinda like in batman arkham asylum the game.
But how would you have utilised it in the films?  There was no where for it to be incorporated into either Batman or Batman Returns' plot.

Also, I'm not sure about the island idea.  I would agree that it shouldn't look like the bland, nondescript hospital we got in Batman Begins but I do see Burton's version of Arkham as part of the city, albeit probably on the outskirts like Wayne Manor.  It would no doubt feature Burton's gothic haunted house type aesthetic.  Most Burton movies seem to feature the scary, isolated building from Edward Scissorhands to Dark Shadows.
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

I find Selina's personality before she becomes Catwoman to be lovable. That's what I meant.

Quote from: johnnygobbs on Fri, 26 Jul  2013, 19:09
Quote from: BatmanFanatic93 on Fri, 26 Jul  2013, 19:04
Quote from: thecolorsblend on Fri, 26 Jul  2013, 18:53
Quote from: JokerMeThis on Fri, 26 Jul  2013, 18:38I do like "nerdy" women. I like Selina's look in Batman Returns before she becomes Catwoman. Her look, personality and demeanor.

So you're into women who look repressed and act like doormats?

Quote from: BatmanFanatic93 on Fri, 26 Jul  2013, 18:44Y'know why didn't burton use arkham in his films?I mean it seems like something he would have put in his films without questioning it yet it's not in there.
Where would you have put it?
Well for the burtonverse of batman i would put it on a island away from gotham kinda like in batman arkham asylum the game.
But how would you have utilised it in the films?  There was no where for it to be incorporated into either Batman or Batman Returns' plot.

Also, I'm not sure about the island idea.  I would agree that it shouldn't look like the bland, nondescript hospital we got in Batman Begins but I do see Burton's version of Arkham as part of the city, albeit probably on the outskirts like Wayne Manor.  It would no doubt feature Burton's gothic haunted house type aesthetic.  Most Burton movies seem to feature the scary, isolated building from Edward Scissorhands to Dark Shadows.

:-X hmm well we both have our own vision on how we would see arkham in the burton films just i see it more on island mostly but that's just me but anyways i would've put a mention of arkham in the story somewhere in the first film where harvey & the mayor are talking about festival & stopping the joker like this...

Mayor       

Harvey do you hear what i am saying?!I want this madman found & taken away into arkham.

Dent

We're working on it mayor i just need all the help i can get.

& in the second film i would probably would have put a tv commercial somewhere in one scene where Dr.Burton talks the history of arkham & how arkham helps people & cures them of their insanity & have a little glimsp of arkham at the end of the commercial before transitioning back to the scene in which it was in.Hope this explains how i would put arkham in the first burton films.
You ether die a trilogy or live long enough to see yourself become batman & robin

Your second scenario seems a bit contrived to me.  Also I don't think Arkham would necessarily have worked in 'Batman Returns' because none of the villains strike me as truly insane.  Bitter, twisted, evil, even psychiatrically-damaged in Selina's case but not necessarily mad.
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

Quote from: johnnygobbs on Fri, 26 Jul  2013, 19:38
Your second scenario seems a bit contrived to me.  Also I don't think Arkham would necessarily have worked in 'Batman Returns' because none of the villains strike me as truly insane.  Bitter, twisted, evil, even psychiatrically-damaged in Selina's case but not necessarily mad.
Well i was trying to find way to let people know that arkham exists in burton's batman ether as a mention or one particular scene that has as image of arkham sorry if it sounded off cause like i was trying to find way to let people know that arkham exists in burton's batman. :-X
You ether die a trilogy or live long enough to see yourself become batman & robin

Quote from: johnnygobbs on Fri, 26 Jul  2013, 19:05You didn't think Selina looked great in Batman Returns colors?
Not until she undergoes her transformation.

Quote from: johnnygobbs on Fri, 26 Jul  2013, 19:05And not all 'nerdy' women are necessarily repressed and treated like doormats.
Did I say they were? But whatever, that's how she looks and that's what he said he likes. I'm just trying to make sense out of it.

I thought Selina was sexy even before she became Catwoman. She was still so mysterious as the insecure secretary.

Michelle Pfeiffer = awesome

I like Selina's sense of humor and irony too like when she yells at herself in Max's office and calls herself a "stupid corndog." And how she talks to herself and makes fun of herself when she's in her apartment. I don't know how to say it exactly. But she seems kind of lovable and witty. I think she might be a fun woman to have as a girlfriend.

I think Burton could've made a very creepy Arkham with dark hallways lit by candlelight with doors on both sides of the hall from which we hear insane screaming and yelling.  :o Maybe we could see the doctor go from door to door and look inside each cell through the window and we'd see the strange looking inhabitants behaving insanely. That might be too dark though even for Batman Returns.

"say 5 good things about b&r." "it made us discuss michelle's selina kyle and tim burton's movies in general."

lol.

Arkham Asylum simply was not needed in the Burton movies. This is a Batman that 'put you away' in his own way. As said a long time ago, this is a Batman who doesn't web you up outside City Hall.