Let's not forget...

Started by Grissom, Fri, 26 Jun 2009, 00:18

Previous topic - Next topic
I had in mind to remember those who died from Batman when we were celebrating the 20th on Tuesday. That day was very busy with conversations of other kinds, and checking out very interesting Batman '89 articles across the web, that it sort of slipped me. Anyway let's remember Pat Hingle, Jack Palance, Anton Furst and William Hootkins (Lt. Eckhart) who are not around to celebrate the 20th Anniversary of this great, classic film but who I'm sure were proud to be involved with. It's a shame they couldn't see how great the impact of this film was especially after 20 years.

May these bat-actors Rest In Peace.

Quote from: Grissom on Fri, 26 Jun  2009, 00:18
I had in mind to remember those who died from Batman when we were celebrating the 20th on Tuesday. That day was very busy with conversations of other kinds, and checking out very interesting Batman '89 articles across the web, that it sort of slipped me. Anyway let's remember Pat Hingle, Jack Palance, Anton Furst and William Hootkins (Lt. Eckhart) who are not around to celebrate the 20th Anniversary of this great, classic film but who I'm sure were proud to be involved with. It's a shame they couldn't see how great the impact of this film was especially after 20 years.

May these bat-actors Rest In Peace.

Well said Grissom.

Pat Hingle, Jack Palance, Anton Furst and William Hootkins may you Rest In Peace.
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

I'm not sure if I'm missing someone. If I am, someone can give us a heads up.

Quote from: johnnygobbs on Fri, 26 Jun  2009, 00:44
Pat Hingle, Jack Palance, Anton Furst and William Hootkins may you Rest In Peace.
RIP, guys. You live forever in the film.

Quote from: Grissom on Fri, 26 Jun  2009, 00:54
I'm not sure if I'm missing someone. If I am, someone can give us a heads up.

I don't think so.  From Returns though:

Vincent Schiavelli and Rick Zumwalt RIP.
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

wasn't anton furst that hot guy that did the sets and stuff? i didn't know he was dead! :(

Quote from: catwoman on Fri, 26 Jun  2009, 03:01
wasn't anton furst that hot guy that did the sets and stuff? i didn't know he was dead! :(
Sadly, for some unknown reason, he committed suicide in 1991. He jumped from the eighth floor of a parking structure in Los Angeles.

Oh dude! I totally forgot Vincent Schiavelli died, That SUCKS!

Quote from: Sandman on Fri, 26 Jun  2009, 03:32
Oh dude! I totally forgot Vincent Schiavelli died, That SUCKS!
Yeah.  :-\

I know Jeep Swenson is gone as well from Batman and Robin.