BATMAN - 20th Anniversary Fan Audio Commentary Recording 6/23/09

Started by Kamdan, Fri, 19 Jun 2009, 11:25

Previous topic - Next topic
Hello Ral, any chance of getting a transcript of the commentray please?   :)

Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

Quote from: johnnygobbs on Tue, 30 Jun  2009, 05:03
Hello Ral, any chance of getting a transcript of the commentray please?   :)

yeah, should have it up by tomorrow at the latest

Looking forward to it. I watched Batman again on Saturday night after 11 pm. Talk about a great late night movie! I enjoyed it immensely once more and want to reiterate what some of the posters some time ago were saying about Jack Palance. His role was small but he was brilliant. You could tell he was an arrogant and wicked SOB, that got his due by his own number on guy.

Jack Palance is probably was and is (RIP) the only guy that could play Jack Napier's boss. A thrill ride of a film, the darn thing never gets old.

P.S. I was reciting the lines and singing "Trust" the following day to the annoyance of my family.  ;D

Quote from: Grissom on Tue, 30 Jun  2009, 18:03
Looking forward to it. I watched Batman again on Saturday night after 11 pm. Talk about a great late night movie! I enjoyed it immensely once more and want to reiterate what some of the posters some time ago were saying about Jack Palance. His role was small but he was brilliant. You could tell he was an arrogant and wicked SOB, that got his due by his own number on guy.

Jack Palance is probably was and is (RIP) the only guy that could play Jack Napier's boss. A thrill ride of a film, the darn thing never gets old.

P.S. I was reciting the lines and singing "Trust" the following day to the annoyance of my family.  ;D

Palance was perfect as Grissom, Grissom.   ;D  Like you say, he was probably the only guy who could actually play Jack's boss.  He towered over him both literally and figuratively, and this part is one of the few characters who leaves such a massive impression on a film within the space of only two scenes.

P.S. I love 'Trust', so I doubt I'd have a problem hearing that song all day.   :D

Well said Johnny, in my opinion all the smaller roles left an impression on me than any other smaller roles in all the other bat-films. They were just brilliantly cast.

Quote from: Grissom on Tue, 30 Jun  2009, 21:13
Well said Johnny, in my opinion all the smaller roles left an impression on me than any other smaller roles in all the other bat-films. They were just brilliantly cast.

Exactly, although I also like a lot of the supporting characters in Batman Returns.  However, as memorable as they were they probably felt more like 'types' than real people.  The first Batman film got the balance perfect between realistic and memorable characters.

True, I think it's one of the few superhero movies that does balance the different aspects of the film out.