20th.batman89.com

Started by Paul (ral), Wed, 11 Mar 2009, 15:08

Previous topic - Next topic
www.20th.batman89.com is where this site will be honoring the movie on June 23rd 2009

So far the address just redirects to the main site but i will be adding a dedicated page soon.

What would you like to see on the sub-site? Discuss  ;D

This is brilliant Ral.  I do hope Batman Returns gets a similar treatment for its own 20th anniversary in 2012.
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

As many rare things as can be unleashed! *cough*reevz*cough*

Barring that, featured member reviews, emphasis on the "BATMAN and the comics" article here on the site, basically, anything promoting superiority of BATMAN as a Batman adaptation. Not in a mean-spirited way, of course. It's just that there's no reason why TDK should have all the fun of being "amazing," when almost everything it did, Tim Burton did first.
"There's just as much room for the television series and the comic books as there is for my movie. Why wouldn't there be?" - Tim Burton

Wed, 11 Mar 2009, 19:13 #3 Last Edit: Wed, 11 Mar 2009, 19:20 by ral
Quote from: johnnygobbs on Wed, 11 Mar  2009, 15:43
This is brilliant Ral.  I do hope Batman Returns gets a similar treatment for its own 20th anniversary in 2012.

Of course 20th.batman-returns.com will be going live soon  ;)

Quote from: DocLathropBrown on Wed, 11 Mar  2009, 17:40
As many rare things as can be unleashed! *cough*reevz*cough*
That's a nasty cough there Doc. *cough*i agree*cough*

Quote from: DocLathropBrown on Wed, 11 Mar  2009, 17:40
Barring that, featured member reviews, emphasis on the "BATMAN and the comics" article here on the site, basically, anything promoting superiority of BATMAN as a Batman adaptation. Not in a mean-spirited way, of course. It's just that there's no reason why TDK should have all the fun of being "amazing," when almost everything it did, Tim Burton did first.

It should be all about giving B89 the reverence, respect and attention it deserves - without the burden of comparison.

The idea of featuring member reviews is a great one Doc.  Anyone who wants to have their review featured should PM me with it. All will be included. 20th.batman89.com will be not be taken down after June 23rd.

Also, we need a "if you liked this movie, you'll love..." and we can recommend the Batman stories (with amazon links to the books) that directly inspired the film.
"There's just as much room for the television series and the comic books as there is for my movie. Why wouldn't there be?" - Tim Burton

I'm probably asking too much here, but ideally I'd love pictures or caps of each member of the main cast.  Also a pr?cis of each scene allowing members to give their comments as to trivia, favourite quotes and musings on the story, performances etc. - in a similar way to the live commentary but perhaps allowing for longer comments and opinions.
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

There should also be a "memories" section, for the members to expound on what the film meant to them all of those years ago. And expanded look at the merchandising and toys would also be nice, something along the lines of the merchandise and toys getting quality reviews/comments and photographs, if possible.

Quote from: johnnygobbs on Wed, 11 Mar  2009, 19:52
I'm probably asking too much here, but ideally I'd love pictures or caps of each member of the main cast.  Also a pr?cis of each scene allowing members to give their comments as to trivia, favourite quotes and musings on the story, performances etc. - in a similar way to the live commentary but perhaps allowing for longer comments and opinions.

like an interactive timeline? SAUCY! I like it!

Definitely lots of rare movie photos and if possible even some playable clips of certain points in the film.

Being the custom nut that I am I'd love to see peoples collections of custom figures, suits(like Batnar's), art and what have you.

Even actual uploaded videos of fans singing the praise for this film and also, why not a comprehensive quiz on the film, no easy stuff, some thought must go into it.