All those wanting to meet up

Started by Paul (ral), Sun, 4 May 2008, 21:51

Previous topic - Next topic
Binghamton NY

I have given a name to my pain, and it is BATMAN.

is there a city in the world that looks a bit like burton's Gotham?
any way if there is...what about meeting there??
Ah, the direct approach. I admire that in a man with a mask

If it exists, I'm ssssoooo down!

that could recreate for those who meet the atmosphere of the movie  :)

Fri, 14 Nov 2008, 05:54 #16 Last Edit: Mon, 17 Nov 2008, 05:24 by batass4880
There are three places that come to mind for where we could meet if we were to do this. First place is NYC, considering that it's the model for Gotham City.

We could go to Pinewood and see the lot that it was filmed on, although the best part has long since been taken down. :'(

WB in LA could be another place, although the weather ain't so Gotham like, plus it might be too far away for those in the U.K., Ireland or other parts of the world. Personally, I'd prefer to travel all the way to Europe than go to California but don't tell my mother because she's from there! ;D

Pretty much any metropolitan area in the northeastern U.S. should be somewhat similar to Gotham, considering that the Art Deco designs were, and still are, quite prominent. I live in Buffalo, NY and the City Hall building is just an example of the similar visuals to the movie plus there are some Gothic style churches around too!

As soon as I can afford to buy decent a digital camera, I want to show you guys a street corner in the town where I grew up in that reminds me of a section from Burton's Gotham. There is an old movie theater that reminds me very much of the Monarch Theatre and there is a big, old, abandoned and rotting auto plant behind it.

well i think you should post or link those pictures here can you do that?

as for  digital camera you could borrow one or without paying hundreds of $,i think a good choice could  be a canon it's one of the best in compact sizes cameras ,you can take a look on ebay if you want!

let us know for those pictures!!!

Quote from: batsam on Fri, 14 Nov  2008, 07:41
well i think you should post or link those pictures here can you do that?

as for  digital camera you could borrow one or without paying hundreds of $,i think a good choice could  be a canon it's one of the best in compact sizes cameras ,you can take a look on ebay if you want!

let us know for those pictures!!!

Most definitely. As soon as I get one I'll take them and show y'all. I saw a digital camera at a department store for $20.00 the other day. Do you think that there's a catch to this?

Fri, 14 Nov 2008, 19:48 #19 Last Edit: Sat, 15 Nov 2008, 00:54 by batsam
that would let me see the pictures in less time than getting a used compact canon from ebay and wait for it to arrive by post to take some shots.....ok go buy it good idea!!   :D

does it have a brand name or something ?with a compact canon you can make shots in low light at night of far objects or buildings that the flash wont reach by maximizing aperture size  , night photography should be more suitable for this NY-Gotham city   :)

anyway if you get the camera you are talking about ,  when you will post pictures of the city ,  post a link of a picture of the cam in front of a mirror  too , i want  to see what it looks like a camera of 20$  :)
surely  it will be better than my nokia camera ....maybe it's a bargain !!who knows , keep us updated