Looking Back At Tim Burton's Batman

Started by The Dark Knight, Thu, 17 Sep 2009, 11:38

Previous topic - Next topic

Good review. Good to see someone focus on many of the positives of Batman rather than the negetives, and specifically the positives of movies, especially in the late eighties.

Excellent read, I espcially loved the part where it says the scenes blended into each other, not once did you feel something should have been cut. It has perfect pacing and it's still one heck of a two-hour thrill ride.

Great to see people aren't completely enveloped with TDK and can still sing the praises of Burton's original classic.

Quote from: Grissom on Thu, 17 Sep  2009, 21:07
Great to see people aren't completely enveloped with TDK and can still sing the praises of Burton's original classic.
I agree. It seems people have to pick one or the other these days - they can't like both. Which is both sad and bizarre.

Fri, 18 Sep 2009, 15:26 #5 Last Edit: Fri, 18 Sep 2009, 15:29 by silenig
I wasn't aware of denofgeek.com up until now. Besides this Batman feature, their articles are very well-written and enjoyable, and some of them very funny. Not to mention some of the writers seem to like Burton's Bat a lot, a rare case of people that like BOTH goddamn movie versions!

thats awesome! Thanks for sharing this. I'll blog it up on the myspace BATMAN page today  ;)
-------------------------------------------------------------
"Do you like eating in here?"   ...Oh yeah. .. ....   ... ... ...You know to tell you the truth, I don't think I've ever been in this room before.   
"hahaeheheh"  You want to get out of here?  "YES."

Not much love there for the 89 Batman... :-\
-------------------------------------------------------------
"Do you like eating in here?"   ...Oh yeah. .. ....   ... ... ...You know to tell you the truth, I don't think I've ever been in this room before.   
"hahaeheheh"  You want to get out of here?  "YES."