Black Adam (2021)

Started by The Joker, Sun, 23 Aug 2020, 03:28

Previous topic - Next topic

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

Yay, this movie is one step closer to being not vaporware

Pierce Brosnan has been cast as Dr. Fate in Black Adam.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...nson-exclusive

Sounds good to me! Can't say I am a Doctor Fate aficionado, but I've always thought Fate has one of the coolest looking costumes in DC Comics. That helmet, along with the blue and gold contrast just looks outstanding.

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

Quote from: The Joker on Sun, 28 Mar  2021, 23:47

Pierce Brosnan has been cast as Dr. Fate in Black Adam.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...nson-exclusive

Sounds good to me! Can't say I am a Doctor Fate aficionado, but I've always thought Fate has one of the coolest looking costumes in DC Comics. That helmet, along with the blue and gold contrast just looks outstanding.
Not terribly interested in the film but I like this casting a lot. Pierce is a genuinely cool, down to earth guy.

First there were rumours of The Rock wanting Cavill back as Superman for Black Adam.

Now there are rumours that he wants the Snyderverse to continue...even going so far to want Black Adam to fight Snyder's JL.

https://geekositymag.com/the-rock-wants-zack-snyders-justice-league-in-black-adam-sequel/

It sounds incredible, but let's hope this is true.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Tue, 30 Mar  2021, 03:29
Not terribly interested in the film
I don't know what I was typing here, because I have no interest in this film. Just when you thought the DCEU couldn't be any more embarassing, word is the film has another headless Superman cameo, or Superman covered in darkness covering his likeness. The epitome of lazy, insulting and cheap because they won't fully commit to Cavill. Just reboot the damn thing.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Sat,  2 Jul  2022, 23:51
Quote from: The Dark Knight on Tue, 30 Mar  2021, 03:29
Not terribly interested in the film
I don't know what I was typing here, because I have no interest in this film. Just when you thought the DCEU couldn't be any more embarassing, word is the film has another headless Superman cameo, or Superman covered in darkness covering his likeness. The epitome of lazy, insulting and cheap because they won't fully commit to Cavill. Just reboot the damn thing.
Reject modernity; embrace horror films. It's worked out great for me.

It's a sign of the insane times we inhabit that a studio would attempt to continue a DC cinematic universe without Superman.

WB has squandered Cavill. It's been over a decade since he was cast in the role, and how many live action solo Superman films has the studio produced in that time? One. In the last decade alone, Spider-Man has had five live action solo movies. But Superman only gets one? That's not right.

WB string fans along with Cavill-less cameos that won't lead anywhere for him because they have already moved on with Supergirl and a black Superman movie. That's why Cavill isn't featuring in these cameos. They washed their hands of the guy long ago and just need the iconography of the suit before The Flash movie rips things apart. Superman was central to the Snyder timeline - to cut it all short he was kicked to the curb. When this conduct becomes the norm it severely impacts the overall enjoyment of characters people innately loved. I'm at that point. I've got The Batman, Joker, Mission Impossible and the MonsterVerse if I'm wanting anything new to anticipate. The DCEU and black Superman projects are just stains. If I want anything else, be it music, film or literary, it's from the The Good Old Days.

Mon, 4 Jul 2022, 16:23 #9 Last Edit: Tue, 5 Jul 2022, 00:44 by thecolorsblend
Quote from: Silver Nemesis on Sun,  3 Jul  2022, 22:35
It's a sign of the insane times we inhabit that a studio would attempt to continue a DC cinematic universe without Superman.
Quote from: The Dark Knight on Mon,  4 Jul  2022, 13:44WB string fans along with Cavill-less cameos that won't lead anywhere for him because they have already moved on with Supergirl and a black Superman movie. That's why Cavill isn't featuring in these cameos. They washed their hands of the guy long ago and just need the iconography of the suit before The Flash movie rips things apart.
This is history that neither of you might know.

From the Forties up through, oh, maybe the late Nineties, Superman was clearly DC's flagship character. The other characters were cool. But it was Superman who had the historical pedigree.

But in the early 2000's, that started changing. DC started counting beans and realized Batman comics and Batman merch far outsold Superman. Little by little, Batman gradually supplanted Superman as DC's core character. By the time you get into the late 2000's, DC was filled to the brim with people who didn't understand Superman. There's a reason Superman got done dirtier by The New 52 relaunch than anyone else. Because DC alternately didn't understand him or, in a few cases, outright despised him.

It seems like WB/WBE/WBD/whatever is entering similar waters. Cavill's utter disrespect, headless cameos, Diverse Superman, Diverse Supergirl replacing Cavill Superman, those things are the end result.

Honestly, I've lived so long with this fanboy heartburn that it barely registers anymore. "Oh, WB has found a new way to stain Superman, golly, must be a day ending in Y."