YOUR Batman TV Show

Started by Catwoman, Fri, 19 Jun 2015, 00:51

Previous topic - Next topic
Okay Peepaliciouses, this will be fun....if people actually participate.  ::) lol

What I want you to do is pretend like you are a TV show creator and come up with your own Batman TV series concept! Be as detailed as you want, give us the title, the plot, the setting, the tone, some of the storylines, hell even give us a cast if you want. Let's see what everyone comes up with!

Mine would sort of be like taking the '60s show and giving it a tone and style like Batman Returns. Pretty dark with a twisted sense of humor and the outfits would mostly be kind of retro and there would be a lot of snow lol. Every week there'd be a new villain and it would be like the TV show or the cartoon, the adventures would be like "self contained" or whatever it's called? So someone could come in mid season and not have to binge watch every show before that to know what the hell is going on. Obviously some of the supporting characters and stuff would like evolve as it went on but for the most part it would be very newbie friendly. Make sense?

The set and atmosphere would be like Returns' Gotham, I know some peeps hate that since it's in a studio and kind of claustrophobic but to me it like added so much to the feel of the movie. The Batmobile, well, duh, it would have to be Anton's version.

I'll do like some more detail on characters and stuff later but this is just a start lol

Fri, 26 Jun 2015, 12:18 #2 Last Edit: Fri, 10 Jul 2015, 06:56 by Dagenspear
I have given a lot of thought to this. I even came up with four seasons of it. It would exist in the Flash/Arrow universe.

This is my fan cast. The only one's I'm not sure about are my choices for Bruce and Selina, so if you have better choices, please tell me.

Luke Mitchell as Bruce Wayne/Batman

Shelley Hennig as Selina Kyle/Catwoman

Jack Coleman as Captain James Gordon

Colin Donnell as Harvey Dent/Two-Face

Brie Larson as Barbara Gordon/Batgirl/Oracle

Dylan Minnette as Richard "Dick" Grayson/Robin/Nightwing

Roger Rees as Alfred Pennyworth

Alan Tudyk as The Red Hood/The Joker

Alison Brie as Dr. Harleen Quinzel/Harley Quinn

Lacey Chabert as Zatana Zatara

Seth Gabel as Edward Nashton/Edward Nygma/The Riddler

Tobin Bell as Victor Fries/Mr. Freeze

Giancarlo Esposito as Professor Hugo Strange

Garret Dillahunt as Julian Day/The Calendar Man

Yvonne Strahovski as Firefly

Alexis Denisof as Zsazz

Kevin Durand as Killer Croc

Mark A. Shephard as Oswald Cobblepot/Penguin

Joe Morton as Lucius Fox

Enver Gjoak as Roman Sionis/Black Mask

Mark Pellegrino as Kirk Langstrom/Man-Bat

Jeremy Davies as Jonathan Crane/The Scarecrow

Claire Holt as Pamela Isley/Poison Ivy

I also couldn't think up someone to play the Mad Hatter. So, I would really like a suggestion on that.

This is a season one episode list.

The Bat
Dark Disguise
Not So Smart
Enough Days In The Week
Like Father, Like Son
The Birdcage
Inspiration
The Sincerest Form Of Flattery
Eco-Friendly
A Really Bad Day
The Long Halloween Part One
Joke's On You
A Magician's Touch
Cold Blooded
Lips Of Poison
Fan The Flames
Heads Or Tails
Batgirl
Hat Of Madness
How To Catch A Bat
Everything To Fear
A Holiday's End
The Long Halloween Part Two

The first half is mainly dealing with mobsters and killers, with the Red Hood being the antagonist at the end in the mid-season finale. The idea of this is that the city is just average crime-wise. The insanity hasn't taken over the city yet. There's little things, like a Riddle based criminal who likes to prove he's smarter than everyone else, or a Cat burglar who takes the "cat" part a little too literally, even an over-enthusiastic eco-terrorist and a thug working for Oswald Cobblepot that has a scaly skin condition, but that's about it. The criminals are fairly average, as are their crimes: Serial killers and mobsters. Batman changes the way people look at themselves as criminals. A joke of a mobster Ozzy "The Penguin" Cobblepot the joke of the criminal underworld becomes angrier more vicious, less cowardly, Roman Sionis kills his Father, the head of the Sionis crime syndicate, by setting him on fire, leaving only his blackened skeleton and smashes his coffin at his funeral and keeps a piece of it to carry around like a security blanket. The Red Hood's view of reality starts to warp and become distorted. The Red Hood kidnaps the mobsters in the mid-season finale to force them to prove to him that they deserve to live in the vision he has for Gotham. Harvey Dent begins to crack as well, lashing out in anger, taking an almost vicious view of justice at first. The idea is seeing the the city become the city we know about. The character becoming the characters we know. Jim has to develop a trust and partnership with Batman. Bruce has to fully become Batman. Barbara has to become restless and agitated with the state of the city and develop a desire to do something about it and become inspired by Batman. The RH gathers the mobsters at Ace Chemicals Plant, where Batman comes after him. This concludes with The RH falling into the chemicals.

We then time jump ahead a year.

The second half is when stuff gets crazy. Like Frozen Men and a Super Strong Zombie and Magician's and Giant Bat Creatures and Fear Toxin spraying Men and Mind Controlling Hats and Fire shooting Bug Women. The Joker comes in and Harvey Dent cracks in half finally and becomes Two-Face. Robin comes in and Barbara becomes Batgirl. That's basically about how now that Bruce is fully Batman how does he deal with it, especially now that he's got a team to worry about, with this background arc of The Holiday Killer.

Does anyone have any thoughts?

EDIT: I changed my Catwoman decision. I'm pretty happy with it now.

Welcome to the site Dagenspear!

I had to look up some of the names, but mostly your casting suggestions are very good.  :)

I think Alan Tudyk as The Joker is particularly inspired.  I could see him playing a version of the character akin to 'The Killing Joke' where he starts off as a failed would-be stand-up comedian with a struggling family and goes from a nonentity to the most formidable and intimidating villain in Gotham.  Roger Rees, Jeremy Davies, Alison Brie and Giancarlo Esposito are also great picks.

As far as The Mad Hatter goes, I can only think of maybe Michael Emerson (but perhaps he's too big a name for a supporting villain), or maybe Dwight Yoakam.  Of course, the obvious choice would be Martin Short but that's too obvious.
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

Quote from: johnnygobbs on Fri, 26 Jun  2015, 20:46
Welcome to the site Dagenspear!

I had to look up some of the names, but mostly your casting suggestions are very good.  :)

I think Alan Tudyk as The Joker is particularly inspired.  I could see him playing a version of the character akin to 'The Killing Joke' where he starts off as a failed would-be stand-up comedian with a struggling family and goes from a nonentity to the most formidable and intimidating villain in Gotham.  Roger Rees, Jeremy Davies, Alison Brie and Giancarlo Esposito are also great picks.

As far as The Mad Hatter goes, I can only think of maybe Michael Emerson (but perhaps he's too big a name for a supporting villain), or maybe Dwight Yoakam.  Of course, the obvious choice would be Martin Short but that's too obvious.
I actually had Sebastian Roche originally for Hugo Strange simply because I enjoy him so much as an actor in several things that I've watched, but man Giancarlo Esposito just seemed so perfect once I thought about him and realized how great his voice would be as Hugo Strange. Alison Brie as Harley Quinn was literally one of the first characters that I cast for this, so I'm glad you like it.

I don't think I'm as familiar with current US TV as you are so I'm not sure a casting exercise would be as much value coming from me, although I'm definitely interested in sharing some of my thoughts about a hypothetical Batman film franchise (since I am a bit more familiar with big-screen actors).

And I've always been a big fan of Espisoto, from 'Do the Right Thing' onwards, and I could definitely see him playing such a sinister, ultra-intelligent character these days.  Plus, I like progressive 'race-changes' where they work for a given character.

Fri, 26 Jun 2015, 23:49 #6 Last Edit: Fri, 26 Jun 2015, 23:51 by Dagenspear
Quote from: johnnygobbs on Fri, 26 Jun  2015, 23:03
I don't think I'm as familiar with current US TV as you are so I'm not sure a casting exercise would be as much value coming from me, although I'm definitely interested in sharing some of my thoughts about a hypothetical Batman film franchise (since I am a bit more familiar with big-screen actors).

And I've always been a big fan of Espisoto, from 'Do the Right Thing' onwards, and I could definitely see him playing such a sinister, ultra-intelligent character these days.  Plus, I like progressive 'race-changes' where they work for a given character.
I think I just realized what your name is reference to. Man, that is an obscure reference, if it's what I think it is. I was mainly introduced to Esposito on Breaking Bad myself. What are your thoughts?

Quote from: Dagenspear on Fri, 26 Jun  2015, 12:18
I have given a lot of thought to this.

You sure? Doesn't look like it...

lmao

Seriously though yours is very interesting. Thanks for the very detailed reply! Even though now I feel like I need to try to come up with something similar for mine. Ug. lol

Quote from: Dagenspear on Fri, 26 Jun  2015, 23:49
I think I just realized what your name is reference to. Man, that is an obscure reference, if it's what I think it is. I was mainly introduced to Esposito on Breaking Bad myself. What are your thoughts?
This is a Batman site, so it shouldn't be that obscure around here.  ;)

Unfortunately, I'm the one person in the entire world who hasn't seen "Breaking Bad" so I can't comment on that.  I just know he's a very good actor and that recently he's started to play more menacing characters.

Quote from: Catwoman on Sat, 27 Jun  2015, 00:06
Quote from: Dagenspear on Fri, 26 Jun  2015, 12:18
I have given a lot of thought to this.

You sure? Doesn't look like it...

lmao

Seriously though yours is very interesting. Thanks for the very detailed reply! Even though now I feel like I need to try to come up with something similar for mine. Ug. lol
I'm all ears. Well, eyes, but you know what I mean.

But, just out of curiosity, what do you think extensively about my ideas?