Superman Lives!

Started by THE BAT-MAN, Fri, 20 Mar 2009, 20:28

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Darrell Kaiser on Thu, 26 Mar  2009, 22:16
THAT'S WILLIAM'S MUSIC, BUB!

Odd. I've never heard Williams compose pieces that had a dark vibe to them.

Quote from: Darrell Kaiser on Thu, 26 Mar  2009, 22:16
THAT'S WILLIAM'S MUSIC, BUB!
Sorry, Gotham Knight. It comes off more as, "You'll Beileve A Man Will Commit Suicide!"

:P

Gotham Knight, what's the name of that musical piece?

Quote from: Dark Knight Detective on Thu, 26 Mar  2009, 23:06
Gotham Knight, what's the name of that musical piece?

"Return of the Green Crystal." It's Ken Thorne's adaptation for Supes II of Willaims bit for parts of the FOS scene in I.

Quote from: Dark Knight Detective on Thu, 26 Mar  2009, 22:20Odd. I've never heard Williams compose pieces that had a dark vibe to them.
Um, whaa?  You never heard bits of the Temple of Doom score?  A substantial portion of the Star Wars prequels?  JFK?  Obviously that wasn't his work but he's been known to do it.

Quote from: thecolorsblend on Fri, 27 Mar  2009, 00:16
Quote from: Dark Knight Detective on Thu, 26 Mar  2009, 22:20Odd. I've never heard Williams compose pieces that had a dark vibe to them.
Um, whaa?  You never heard bits of the Temple of Doom score?  A substantial portion of the Star Wars prequels?  JFK?  Obviously that wasn't his work but he's been known to do it.
Funny you should mention that. ToD and JFK are my fave JW scores.

Cool trailer. 
Hope you don't mind me asking- What movie did you get the footage from?
That awkward moment when you remember the only Batman who's never killed is George Clooney...

Quote from: BatmAngelus on Fri, 27 Mar  2009, 02:53
Cool trailer. 
Hope you don't mind me asking- What movie did you get the footage from?
City of Angels (1998). Nick Cage movie where he, an angel, falls in love with a human woman.

Fri, 27 Mar 2009, 16:19 #28 Last Edit: Sun, 20 Feb 2011, 04:50 by THE BAT-MAN
Interesting trailer Gotham Knight,  for some reason trailers have an insane effect on how people will judge a movie.  Whether it is positive or negative. I've seen trailers that were done very poorly and people think, oh! this is gonna be a flop and the movie turns out to be an epic, and then their are trailers that are done in epic scale and people say that's going to be awesome but then the movie turns out to be a letdown.

This suggestion probably does not belong on this forum, but anyway here it goes.  I think it would be cool to see a trailer of Batman (1989) utilizing the music from the Godfather films by composer Nino Rota and Carmine Coppolla and have the trailer feel like the Godfather.  I actually tried doing this with a vhs recording of Batman that I had edited and I mixed it with pieces of music from the Godfather films and to my amazement the music fit perfectly. I mainly concentrated on the 40's/mafia aspect of Batman.  The music gratified the film to a whole new level.  The reason why I had attempted this was because alot of people were suggesting that nolans TDK film was  an epic like the Godfather, which I know is not true, and then I thought to myself the only Batman film that can truely capture the same spirit and tone of the Godfather films  is Tim Burton's Batman 1989 picture if it was done right.  Anyway, that is my suggestion.

Excellent suggestion, I actually watched quite a few fan-made trailers for Batman '89 and some of the music fits quite well. Therefore this is a shout-out to those editing experts on batmanmovieonline to try to get this done. It will be great as an addition to the 20th Anniversary celebrations in June, even before that.