Superman 5: The movie that never was.

Started by The Joker, Thu, 14 Jan 2021, 10:29

Previous topic - Next topic
Fri, 29 Jan 2021, 03:59 #10 Last Edit: Fri, 29 Jan 2021, 04:01 by The Joker
"SUPERMAN (FLYBY) | The Greatest Trilogy Never Made?"

I think I would have given this thread another title if I knew these videos were going to cover this much ground on failed Superman movie projects.

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

Quote from: The Joker on Fri, 29 Jan  2021, 03:59
"SUPERMAN (FLYBY) | The Greatest Trilogy Never Made?"

I think I would have given this thread another title if I knew these videos were going to cover this much ground on failed Superman movie projects.
Pausing at 21:00 before bed.

But let me say that, yes, the threats and vitriol that I clearly remember fans making in response to the Abrams script leak was WAY out of line. Obviously, you don't threaten other people just because you dislike a movie script.

And yet... not once did anybody refer to the fans as "toxic" or "man-babies" or "racists". Seems like the Hollywood people had a thicker skin back in those days.

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

Since this thread was made for discussions about various cancelled Superman projects, here's a fun time capsule where Wizard Magazine casts a Superman movie in 1996.

Given that I don't see a specific thread for the cancelled 2004 Wolfgang Peterson "Batman vs Superman" flick, I'll just place this here.

John Hartnett's audition photo as Superman.

I'm assuming circa 2003...?