Batman Vs. Superman (Christopher Reeve/Brandon Routh Vs. Michael Keaton)

Started by BatmanFanatic93, Sun, 10 May 2015, 04:06

Previous topic - Next topic
With the upcoming release of Batman Vs. Superman : Dawn Of Justice i'd thought i'd make this thread & talk about what could've been if warner bros was smart enough to make a batman vs superman movie back in the day with either  christopher reeve or brandon routh as superman & michael keaton as batman cause let's face it there was alot of opportunities to make this film especially with the reeve & burton/schumacher films making several references to each other.So anyways if they did make a batman vs superman film how do you think it would go between the heroes also what villains would make the heroes team up for the film?
You ether die a trilogy or live long enough to see yourself become batman & robin

As much as I think that the people running WB are idiots, we should take into account that they didn't regain the film rights to Superman until 1993. That's why they never really thought of plans for a team-up movie with Reeve and Keaton. But having said that, that still doesn't justify how they meddled with the Schumacher sequels following the release of Batman Returns.

Anyway, here are my ideas for Batman/Superman movie starring Michael Keaton and Christopher Reeve:

• Pretend that Superman IV never happened, since it was the most under-budget looking film of the entire franchise.
  • I'd have the film take place following the events of Batman Returns. Batman hasn't been cleared for the murder of the Ice Princess (this is for you, johnnygobbs ;)), which leads to Superman investigating in Gotham City and looking to bring Batman to justice.
  • Batman in the meantime has been investigating shady politician Morgan Edge, who is running a presidential campaign with a prejudiced agenda to get rid of the costumed heroes. Edge takes advantage of Batman's tarred reputation and Superman's out-of-character behaviour in Superman III to spread his fear-mongering agenda around the country. In Superman's case, Edge tries to frame him for crimes against humanity by using Superman's own DNA to create a clone.
  • Batman and Superman confront each other, but Batman takes advantage to stop Superman from finding out his true identity, by claiming he has a bomb that will detonate and kill someone in Gotham. Superman is forced to work with him and Batman tells him everything he knows about Edge.
  • The Superman clone goes on a rampage and begins to deform into something looking like Bizarro, and Batman and Superman work together to stop the monster. They out Edge to the world and arrest him.
  • Batman and Superman's reputations have been restored in the end. Superman discovers that Batman had the bomb inside his own suit and risked his own life because he knew that was the only way he could stop him. The two now have mutual respect for each other, despite their differences in how they go about achieving the same goal to keep the peace, and bid farewell. In the end, a montage sequence intercuts between Batman and Alfred, and Clark and Lois, admitting that the two heroes might have considered each other to be close friends in a perfect world.

I stole some of these ideas from John Byrne's third chapter - "One Night in Gotham City" - in his Man of Steel mini-series, by the way. They're fairly rough ideas, and probably aren't totally well thought out (I didn't quite figure out how Batman cleared his name for the Ice Princess's murder), but I thought it was a good way to get the discussion going. Feel free to crap on my ideas if you want though! I promise that I won't take offense. :D
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei