Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice

Started by Edd Grayson, Wed, 21 May 2014, 18:08

Previous topic - Next topic
everyone who knows the relationship between bats and supes should get the title. they both want justice, they just both have very different means about going after it (except they both won't kill anyone except the end of mos when supes had to kill zod - was there like a "SUPERMAN DOESN'T KILL" backlash from that? lol). so they are going to clash a while, then they will have to come together for a greater good (and i so hope that it is superman needing batman and not the other way around) and they will kick ass and ruin lex luthor's grand scheme and then go to clark's apartment and have a beer and watch a dvd of gigli.

Quote from: Edd Grayson on Wed, 21 May  2014, 18:32
Yes, and we should be happy it wasn't named "The Dark Knight vs The Man of Steel"  ;D

Thank goodness for brevity.

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

you know that will be in the trailers.

I like the title, I think it has a nice ring to it. Most people will be calling it BvS, so no need to get hung up on the subtitle, like I'm seeing most people on the internet. People normally call movies by the title or subtitle(if the movie has a subtitle). Nobody calls Empire Strikes Back "Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back", or the reverse for the first Captain America by calling it "Captain America: The First Avenger".

But I can dig it. And I'm not going to lie, I've been liking everything we've seen for this movie, so far.

I like it. I'm glad they went for Batman vs Superman, not the other way around. That wouldn't have made much sense. Superman is the perceived threat after MoS. The second half is a bit wordy, but it's not terrible.

I won't lie - I think it's kind of a lame title for a movie. I understand Batman v Superman makes sense from a marketing point of view, especially since the subtitle refers to the next film that will be the Justice League. But still... :-[

Oh well, as long as the film is good, I'll be happy.

QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

Quote from: Cobblepot4Mayor on Wed, 21 May  2014, 18:27My friend, you do not call a movie that is the first in history to feature Superman and Batman on screen "World's Finest". It's a title that makes sense only to a comic geek. And I wouldn't want either of my favourite two superheroes in their movie careers to be represented by such a bland title on their long lasting C.V's.
Surely the job of a marketing department should be to sell the general public on a title that already has a cult following.

Between this and the released images of Batman and Batmobile, my reaction to all the news on this picture is: meh.

After seeing the treatment on Man of Steel, nothing Snyder does will surprise me much. He uses a very broad stroke with his creative brush to bring these characters to life. Simply put, he takes enormous liberties with the source material. Of course most movies do, so that's nothing new. But I felt like he really strayed from the traditional Superman on so many levels. Philosophically, he's not going to be too different from Batman, so it won't have that clash in principle the comic characters wrestle with. Tonality-wise this is already looking more like an Alien vs Predator play, than a story about two heroes finding common ground. My fear is it's going to look like a video game on steroids. But it's like anything. Impossible to truly gauge until I sit in the theater and watch the story unfold.

Quote from: Wayne49 on Mon, 23 Jun  2014, 12:54
Philosophically, he's not going to be too different from Batman, so it won't have that clash in principle the comic characters wrestle with. Tonality-wise this is already looking more like an Alien vs Predator play, than a story about two heroes finding common ground. My fear is it's going to look like a video game on steroids. But it's like anything. Impossible to truly gauge until I sit in the theater and watch the story unfold.

That's what I worry about the most too, especially the first part. But I am kind of exicted to see a new Batman on screen.

How much input is Nolan having here? You could tell MOS had Nolans fingerprints all over it.

Perhaps Snyder may do it more watchmen style without Nolan. I definitely agree he got the main characters wrong. Similar to how Nolan does his films, every character had to be a genius. I have a hard time picturing the flirty Lois Lane or the (acting) bumbling, awkward and overly polite Clark Kent.

I'm uneasy but still have faith; they're making a lot of comic fans dreams come true. I'm praying they don't alienate them for the pretentious types.