Any moments that you honestly thought were funny?

Started by The Laughing Fish, Tue, 22 Sep 2015, 11:47

Previous topic - Next topic
I'll admit, I got bit of a laugh when we see Mr. Freeze in his slippers as he tries to conduct his henchmen to do a sing-a-long at his extremely cold hideout. :-[
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

His slippers in that scene were quite funny to me.

There were lines that made me chuckle: "Adam...and Evil", "You're not sending me to the cooler!", "Alright everyone, chill! Chill! Chill!" , or moments like when the bad doctor gets the kiss from Poison Ivy, when she first tries to seduce Batman and Robin before Freeze crashes, and when Commissioner Gordon would want a kiss from her but she denies it.

That's probably a more profound question than intended. Because it begs to ask you if you're laughing at material that was intended to be laughed at. I can honestly say I really enjoy watching this film because it's just fun. I don't think wit is a quality that rises to the top when I think about the script or dialogue. And to make me laugh you have to do something that is ironic but humorous in a clever way. So I never find myself laughing at (or with) this film, so much as just relaxing to enjoy the visuals and let the rest come to me on their own terms. I think a simple smile is what comes to mind first. Now my grandson laughs out loud at the slippers scene so that must have some merit to it.

The mere concept of Mr. Freeze forcing his men to sing along to a Rankin-Bass song while eating fozen-dinners on sticks is genuinely a crack-up, if even just for the absurdity alone.

I get a Joker's chuckle just thinking about it, actually. It's so absolutely insane. So bad, it's great!
"There's just as much room for the television series and the comic books as there is for my movie. Why wouldn't there be?" - Tim Burton