The John Wick Thread

Started by Grissom, Mon, 19 Dec 2016, 19:05

Previous topic - Next topic
Mon, 19 Dec 2016, 19:05 Last Edit: Sun, 24 Jul 2022, 12:41 by Silver Nemesis

Had alot of fun with the 1st film.

Looking forward to watching Keanu shoot a few hundred or so people in the sequel!

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

An action movie featuring Laurence Fishburne and Keanu Reeves with lots of martial arts and gun fights?

Whoa...

Quote from: thecolorsblend on Thu, 22 Dec  2016, 06:39
An action movie featuring Laurence Fishburne and Keanu Reeves with lots of martial arts and gun fights?

Whoa...
I've undergone a Matrix trilogy rediscovery recently. I was such a huge fan of those movies. And the passion is coming back. I'd actually like to write more about them, but not right now. I'm kind of busy with other things. But needless to say, I love the mix of martial arts, guns, high speed chases, science fiction and philosophy. The movies aren't perfect but they still offer a lot of goodness. It boggles my mind they're over 10 years old.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Sun, 25 Dec  2016, 23:56I've undergone a Matrix trilogy rediscovery recently. I was such a huge fan of those movies. And the passion is coming back. I'd actually like to write more about them, but not right now. I'm kind of busy with other things. But needless to say, I love the mix of martial arts, guns, high speed chases, science fiction and philosophy. The movies aren't perfect but they still offer a lot of goodness. It boggles my mind they're over 10 years old.
I think there's a germ of truth to the idea that the Wachowski brothers just threw money at the movies and hoped for the best.

Still, there's a lot to enjoy about them. They zigged when everybody expected them to zag. They didn't take the easy way out with the sequels in terms of story. As over-the-top as some things might've gotten, the sequels aren't as bad as they're made out to be.

I don't really agree with that assessment. The money is on the screen, but its clear to me the directors had a vision and they executed it. The Zion scenes in Reloaded AND Revolutions are a chore to get through. But those would really be my only major complaints. The first film is a classic, and the other two are flawed masterpieces. And that kinda make sense them more interesting.

Loved how just the mere mention of John Wick would scared the holy sh*t out of the Russian mafia, but with his prowess in Gun-Fu, and whatever body count he's tallied up thru his career, it's clear as to why that is.

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

I watched the first John Wick a few weeks ago. Very solid and thorougly enjoyable...but man, that premise with the dog getting killed, which was a final gift by his wife, was hard to watch.  :(

Thankfully, the tone shifted to a more fun action blockbuster. I'll definitely check out the next one. :)
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

Checked out John Wick Chapter 2 last night and ....

Oh. Yes. That was just the amount of carnage I needed.  ;D

The film is a worthy follow up to the first. Honestly, it's really more of the same, doesn't toy around with the formula one would come to expect from a sequel to John Wick, but does add some really nice touches and additions. I don't think it's as good as the first one, mainly because once again, it really is mostly just more of the same. But if you liked the first one, there's no reason you won't like this one. It truly is a direct continuation of the first, and watching the first one before seeing this in the theater was perfect.

"He once killed three guys..."

"Yeah, I kinow; with a pencil."

"...with a F'N pencil! What kind of f***in' guy DOES THAT?!"

John Wick does.