RIP Lorenzo Semple, Jr.

Started by johnnygobbs, Sat, 29 Mar 2014, 04:34

Previous topic - Next topic
I'm surprised this hasn't received its own thread yet, although I do note that it is mentioned in the Twitter feed.

The 60s TV show is surely one of the most significant onscreen iterations of Batman and Semple, Jr. was one of the key figures behind it.  He also wrote another camp classic of comic-book/strip film and TV, 'Flash Gordon'.

Rest in Peace.

http://thedissolve.com/news/1852-lorenzo-semple-jr-1923-2014-screenwriter-of-70s-cl/
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

This man wrote some of the funniest scripts I've ever seen. He was arguably the first writer to adapt a comic into a feature film with any significant degree of success. And in doing so he helped catapult Batman into a global phenomenon, securing the franchise's longevity for many years to come.

Rest in peace, sir.

Quote from: Silver Nemesis on Sat, 29 Mar  2014, 19:18
This man wrote some of the funniest scripts I've ever seen. He was arguably the first writer to adapt a comic into a feature film with any significant degree of success. And in doing so he helped catapult Batman into a global phenomenon, securing the franchise's longevity for many years to come.

Rest in peace, sir.
Well said.

Also, at least he knew the show was going to be released.

Rest In Peace.

May your contributions to the Batman mythos, as a result to the highly entertaining '60's Batman tv show, never be forgotten.

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."