Batman Prologue

Started by PJ, Thu, 27 Aug 2009, 15:18

Previous topic - Next topic
Excellent stuff there, you write very well, believeable. I love Gobbs demise.

Fri, 28 Aug 2009, 14:23 #11 Last Edit: Fri, 28 Aug 2009, 14:25 by PJ
Thanks mate.

INT. CAVE ? LATER THAT NIGHT

We are in a dark and forbidden place, descending deeper and deeper until we reach a table filled with assorted paperwork and workshop equipment.
The shot pans a desk, taking in various pieces of equipment and settling on a small wooden box.

BRUCE, with his BATMAN cowl removed, stares at the box and hesitantly reaches for it as if fearing the contents.

His hand trembles as it hovers over the box. BRUCE sets his jaw with new found determination and pulls his cowl over his head.

BATMAN opens the box and removes its contents. He then leaves the table behind as the camera lingers. The shot pushes in on the now open box revealing internal padding in the shape of a gun.

CUT TO:

EXT. GOTHAM CITY ? NIGHT

The shot pushes in on dark industrial tower apartment that seems to wear an upside down smile.

INT. APARTMENT ? NIGHT

In a darkened room, on a bedside table, a telephone rings. A man drenched in shadows enters the room and answers the phone. He sits on the edge of the bed and reaches for a deck of cards on the bedside table.

We are unable to make out the man?s features, but he has slicked back hair and a rasping voice. The man ? JACK ? addresses the caller.

The caller ? GRISSOM ? has a voice of thuggish authority, but his nerve is shaken.

JACK
Yeah?

GRISSOM

Jack? It?s Carl. I take it you?ve heard about our mutual friend, Johnny Gobs?

JACK
It?s all over the news. Why?d you care?

JACK shuffles the cards with one hand.

GRISSOM
Gobs I couldn?t give a damn about. He?s got nothing he could give up on me. Joey Chill on the other hand, was Johnny?s right hand man, and he?s got plenty. If the cops get him and he talks he could cause an awful lot of trouble. I hear he?s got some things on you too.

JACK
What do you need?

GRISSOM
I wish I could say Chill was a stand up guy, but we both know different. I can?t afford for him to spill his guts to Gordon and our new DA. I want you to take him out.

JACK
Sure, I hear Vitto?s do great meatballs.

GRISSOM
Always the comedian Jack.
(Beat)
Chill?s hiding out in a building he owns off Pearl and Phillips.

JACK
Crime Alley?

GRISSOM
You know it?

JACK
Yeah, I know it well.

JACK turns a card to reveal a JOKER with a bullet hole in its? face.

http://www.youtube.com/v/VShHbr3vkzg&hl

"Excuse me. You ever danced with the devil by the pale moonlight?"

kewl. and thanks for stealing the attention away from me and my story. :( :P

I'm sure another chapter will fix that ;)
"Excuse me. You ever danced with the devil by the pale moonlight?"

PJ, you really are a very passionate man and I respect you very much for that. This stuff is pretty darn good, but I can't say I'm too surprised, especially knowing about your fan film which was bone chillingly GOOD.  ;D

And dude, Im gonna have to fly out there or something, so we can make an awesome 1989 BATMAN  and JOKER photoshoot when you are done with your outfit!!  :D

ps. Catwoman's fan fics are some of the greatest I have ever read.
I'll never stop reading those so long as she keeps posting them.  Great during coffee breaks.  8)
-------------------------------------------------------------
"Do you like eating in here?"   ...Oh yeah. .. ....   ... ... ...You know to tell you the truth, I don't think I've ever been in this room before.   
"hahaeheheh"  You want to get out of here?  "YES."

Looking good, PJ.  Still excited to see the film when you're done.
That awkward moment when you remember the only Batman who's never killed is George Clooney...

Quote from: PJ on Thu, 27 Aug  2009, 15:44
;D

Can't beat a bit of cheese. I'm paying homage to the comic with that one.

I'm currently working on a sequel to Batman Returns too.  I might ask your input since it involves Catwoman.

Excellent work so far, and this talk of a BR sequel by someone that has such understanding and passion for Burton's films is...well  ;D

Can't wait to see more.

I've seen that clip before, but not until recently did I notice that the cards preceding the "Joker" are all "Jacks." Nice touch.