Batman: Revelation

Started by Catwoman, Sun, 2 Jun 2013, 07:15

Previous topic - Next topic
excited to announce a new fanfic project. its meant as like a finale for the burton/schumacher era and takes place after the four movies and what would have been batman: triumphant. there are a lot of homages to all four movies. i'm thinking it is set close to when batman begins was released. middle of the last decade.

Do you have a plot or just making it up as you go along?

Quote from: Paul (ral) on Sun,  2 Jun  2013, 13:53
Do you have a plot or just making it up as you go along?

i have a plot but its kind of a mystery story. i may spoil it later but right now i want it to be surprise filled lol

Batman: Revelation

"Boss, are you sure you don't want me to go in there with you?" the bodyguard said as he drove through the rain. "No, no," came a raspy reply from the backseat. "I gave explicit instructions to the heads of the other families. Just us. They won't think much of me going back on my word. We're trying to ease tensions, understand?"

"Yes, I understand," said the bodyguard, "but Mr. Martini, I-" "It's fine, Leo," the aging mobster said. He leaned forward and patted the hulking driver's shoulder gently. "I know, you just want to protect me. You've always had my best intentions in mind. And I want you to know, I have come to love you like a son." Simply nodding in acknowledgement, the bodyguard continued their trek.

The life of a Gotham City mobster had become increasingly hard. Not only had the city's police force - with the aid of Batman, of course - managed to capture or destroy many of the mafia's assets, but infighting among the families for control of what remained had caused a brief but bloody civil war that wiped out many gangsters. The turmoil had ceased for a while, but the recent deaths of several enforcers of the various gangs had renewed the hatred within the mob. With the infrastructure of organized crime already on life support, another conflict would have caused its complete and total collapse.

Boss Vincenzo Martini sought to save the only life he'd known. Growing up in Gotham, the son of Sicilian immigrants had joined the ganglife in his mid-teens. He progressed to the top of the Domani family, surviving the various strifes and even a pair of assassination attempts. Having witnessed its unceremonious fall, he dreamed of a day when the mob would regain its totalitarian control of the city, with men like Leo Basilli carrying on long after Martini and the other mafia heads had passed. For that dream to be realized, however, the families would have to reunite in the face of more infighting. And so he had called a meeting among only the dons of each family remaining in Gotham, hoping they could resolve their differences once and for all and work for their greater good.

"We're here," Leo said as he parked in front of the dock warehouse. "Good, good," Martini replied, scanning the handful of luxury cars sitting in front of the old building. As Leo opened the door, he reached inside his coat. From it he withdrew a small pistol. "Just in case," he said. Martini smiled and slipped it into his pocket. Then, using a cane for support, the old gangster propped himself upright and slowly made his way towards the warehouse.

Fearing a tense, potentially violent atmosphere, Martini was relieved when he opened the door and walked right into the outstretched arms of Sean Larini, a fellow don. "Welcome, Vinny, welcome!" he said, kissing Martini on each cheek. He then helped his onetime brutal rival to the table where the other five mob leaders were assembled. The also greeted Martini warmly as he took his seat at the head of the table. "Where's Chucko?" Martini asked, noticing one empty seat. "I don't know, maybe he didn't get the memo," Larini replied as he sat down. Martini just shrugged and popped open his suitcase.

"Well, gentlemen," he said. "Let's get right down to business. You see, all this violence among ourselves, it's just too much. My uncle thought the mafia could stand anything, but we test that belief further and further every time we turn on one of our brothers in arms. We have run ourselves into the ground, almost. But I believe. Oh yes, I believe. I believe we can build it back up. We can take back this city, run it as our own kingdom. Everyone gets a fair share. Checks and balances keep everyone honest. It's right there before us, but we have got to stop this senseless killing first."

"He's right," said Alfonzo Torre. "I'm not sure who has been killing my men, but I'm willing to shake hands and start fresh. Now, who's hand do I need to shake?" He looked around the table. His fellow dons followed suit, but none would take responsibility for the slayings. "Look," Martini said. "The only way this will work is with honesty. Now, who took out Alfonzo's men?"

"I did," came a voice from the shadows.

"Who's that?!" Martini cried as the other gangsters jumped up and gathered around behind him. "Is it...is it Batman?" one of them asked?

"Batman? Heh. You insult me."

Without further warning, a series of silenced gunshots dropped each of the gangsters to the floor, save Martini, who trembled with fear. "What...what do you want?" he asked. "To deliver a gift, the voice replied. The figure to which it belonged began to approach the table. Martini's heart began to beat harder and faster, sweat streaming down his face.

"Ol' Chucko told me to tell you that he regretted he couldn't make it to your little group therapy session and give it to you in person" the figure continued. "But he lost his nerve." He then stopped and tossed a duffel bag before Martini, who apprehensively reached for the zipper. He tugged on it slowly, not taking his eyes off the shadowy intruder until it was completely opened. Then he looked inside. His eyes widened and he covered his mouth as he began to wretch.

"Not to mention his head."

The figure snickered as Martini vomited onto the floor near one of his dead colleagues. Gasping for air, he sat back upright, his hands on his chest. "So you're the one that's been killing all of our men," he panted. "Yup," came the sinister reply. "And there's about eight or nine more of them laying outside."

Martini's thoughts turned to Leo, his chosen heir. He could feel his heart almost literally break as the figure stepped closer. Finally, it completely emerged from the shadows. It was a man, athetically built, dressd in a traditional enforcer attire from his neck down but wearing a featureless red mask that covered his entire head.

Martini's heartbreak turned to horror. "Who are you?" he asked. The man snickered once more.

"I'm the angel of death." he replied. Then he raised his pistol and fired a single shot into the gangster's forehead. As Martini toppled to the floor, the mob fell with him, its collapse finally completed.

This is very well-written Catwoman, although at the risk of sounding ungrateful I must admit I was rather hoping for some Batman movie-orientated fanfiction.   :(
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

it IS movie oriented. this is just setting the stage for what is going on (the red hood killing people lol). batsy, the commish, knox, vicki vale, they all first appear in the next chapter or so and there are more characters introduced and more cameos and stuff along the way.

like i said, it is like a conclusion to the burton/schumacher franchise. a lot of "wonder what happened to so and so" questions get answered as the story plays out. chip shreck, the ice princess' family, dr. chase meridian, julie madsen, so on, so forth. i'm just hoping it is easy to read and not convoluted.

lol, rereading that post with my catwoman avatar and signature, i heard myself saying "it IS movie oriented, you moron!"

not that gobbsy is a moron, mind you. :-\

:P

Good stuff. More. More.

Quote from: Paul (ral) on Mon, 10 Jun  2013, 08:47
Good stuff. More. More.

:o :o :o

omg. the boss man read it.

*faints*

You want my reaction? Here it is.

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."