my next fanfic?

Started by Catwoman, Tue, 22 Jun 2010, 10:14

Previous topic - Next topic

what should my next fanfic be? (descriptions below the poll)

catwoman returns
2 (22.2%)
catwoman (1st person)
2 (22.2%)
catwoman (3rd person)
1 (11.1%)
a sister's vengence
1 (11.1%)
batman: revelations
1 (11.1%)
life without masks
2 (22.2%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Tue, 22 Jun 2010, 10:14 Last Edit: Tue, 22 Jun 2010, 10:18 by Catwoman
ok so i've realized my problem. i'm trying to be f***ing christopher nolan and make some grand story that has everyone all into it with like 500 subplots that all tie together at the end and everyone just loves my story and it gets turned into a movie. trouble is, i confuse the sh*t out of myself and get so overwhelmed that i get stuck and can't go anywhere with my story so not only do i stop, i start something new. and guess what? THE SAME f***ING THING HAPPENS AGAIN! lol.

so here's what i'm going to do...

i'm going to let YOU guys pic what fanfic i write. i've decided not to do the cartoon fanfics mainly cause i can't come up with storylines, so these are back to being in the style of the movies. you guys pic my fanfic and i'm going to do a straightforward story focusing mostly, possibly only on whatever the main plot is with very little supporting plot or characters. that'll help me get finished. i hope. i wouldn't hold my breath. lol.

ok, so here are the descriptions

1 catwoman returns: selina is back as catwoman. she may be batman's friend, she may be his foe, or he may be dead lol, but the moral is that after several years since the end of returns, she is back...

setting: christmastime 1999 or there abouts.

2 catwoman (1st person): from the events at the end of batman returns up through...something, it would be a first person story from selina's point of view. this would in effect be my try at the tim burton/michelle pfieffer movie.

setting: christmas 1992 through...i dunno.

3. catwoman (3rd person): same as #2 except in 3rd person meaning there would be dialogue from other characters and stuff from their point of view or scenes that didn't include selina in them.

setting: christmas 1992 through...i dunno.

4. a sister's vengence: the ice princess's twin who got the same looks but all the brains hunts down batman looking to get revenge on him for his part in her sister's death.

setting: no clue, lol. probably between returns and forever.

5. batman: revelations: bruce wayne is into his twilight years as a crimefighter but he has one more battle left in him. this story would kind of be like right before batman beyond, only instead of being in the 2030s its in this decade and the cars don't fly and sh*t lol.

setting: 2006-2009, somewhere in there.

6. life without masks: selina kyle has left her time as catwoman behind and is moving on as best she can. this would take place around the same time as catwoman returns, the difference being in that story she would suit up, in this one, she doesn't.

setting: christmastime 1999 or there abouts.

i hope to eventually do most of these. obviously if i do catwoman first person or third person, i won't waste my time doing the other, and it might be hard to do life after masks AND catwoman returns, but one of each from those two groups and then the other two. four fanfics. nice, short, and to the point.

let the voting begin :)

I like the idea of a TDKR style story. Catwoman is no more. She?s still relatively young, but has burnt the candle at both ends. She has had enough of it and lives a relatively straight and narrow life. You describe what that life now entails. This is a chance to get into her head. What she thinks of it, does she feel any remorse of past actions, have anxiety, etc. What has she learnt? Though throughout the story individual incidents edge her closer and closer to meltdown. And by the end of the story, everything unravels and she has reverted back to her feline alter-ego.

i bet i know who voted for "sister." i'm shocked he hasn't sent me 564 pms about it asking me about characters and plot and all this stuff.  ::) :P

three stories with one vote each so far.  one of those was mine, lol.

four with one. thanks to those who voted s ofar, can't wait to see what the next day or so bring in the voting so i know what story i'll be writing :)

not to be whiny (ok yes i am lol) can i please get a couple more votes so that i can have a winner and start writing?

please and thank you :)

How about you show some backbone and make up your own mind?

its not backbone. its being indecisive. lol.

Quote from: Catwoman on Fri, 25 Jun  2010, 04:23
its not backbone. its being indecisive. lol.
Uh, they're basically the exact same thing.

Being weak, unable to make decisions and won't stand up tall and make a stand.

oh what the hell ever.