batman: tribulation and revelation

Started by Catwoman, Fri, 1 Jan 2010, 10:46

Previous topic - Next topic

*Chapter 6*

Another good chapter I felt that further explored the relationship of Bruce and Selina years after the events of Batman Returns. The feelings they seem to have for one another being polar opposites is a nice touch. Where Bruce is feeling affectionate, and thoughts of "what might have been", Selina appears to hold a fair share of hostility.

The bit with Vicki and Knox was also entertaining. Old habits die hard. Especially in Knox's no luck case.  ;D

*Chapter 7*

Very entertaining chapter with Chip. I can see him being so arrogant that he probably deems himself to be invincible. Which in my estimation, is much like his old man.

It's getting interesting ...  ;)

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

chapter 8

completely oblivious to the fact that gotham's soon-to-be mayor and the district attorney had put a hit on his life, commisioner gordon put away his files, took one last sip of coffee, grabbed his hat and coat, and prepared to leave the police station. outside, two mexican gangbangers who were hired by an associate of ronald pierce were waiting across the street in a car, guns at the ready.

"goodnight, tom," the commisioner said as he headed for the door. just before reaching it, he grasped his chest.

"commisioner? are you okay?" tom giacci, the top leutinent in the gotham pd asked. "i...i don't know," gordon replied, short of breath. "here, let me help you out, i'll take you go the hospital," lt. giacci said, opening the door and helping gordon out and down the stairs towards a police car.

just as they reached the car, commisioner gordon collapsed into the snow on the sidewalk...at the exact instant the gangbangers opened fire. lt. giacci was hit in the shoulder but managed to pull his pistol and return fire. hearing the shots, two more officers rushed out, guns drawn, and also opened fire. the gangbangers peeled away, having failed to kill commisioner gordon, who lay next to the police car, uninjured by the gunfire but trying desperately to catch his breath.

"get him in the car and get him to the hospital," lt. giacci shouted as he clutched his wounded shoulder. the other two officers complied, gently but swiftly placing commisioner gordon in the backseat.

"how is he?" ronald pierce asked 45 minutes later, looking through the window of gordon's hospital room door at the sleeping commisioner.

"he's suffered a mild heart attack, but he should be okay," one of the doctors replied. pierce merely nodded, not taking his eyes off gordon. without a word he turned to leave. right about then, he heard a nurse yell "no media allowed in here! this is a hospital!" and the signiature voice of alex knox.

"d.a. pierce! d.a. pierce! what can you tell us about the commisioner's condition and the attempt on his life?" knox asked, putting a tape recorder to pierce's mouth. pierce looked at him for a moment, then harshy swiped knox's hand away, sending the tape recorder flying. he shoved knox aside and pushed his way past the crowd of people who'd assembled behind knox and left the hospital.

shaken, knox regained his composure and retrieved his tape recorder...which had landed in a patient's empty food tray. he wiped off the jell-o on his pant leg and left the hospital as well.

the next day, as news of commisioner gordon's brush with death spread, bruce wayne had no doubt that chip shreck had had a hand in the assassination attempt. still, he knew he couldn't lay a hand on shreck without tangible evidence of his involvement, so he turned his mind elsewhere.

donning the large dark sunglasses he always wore when he wanted privacy when out in public, he climbed into one of his mercedes benzes (low class for him) and drove through a gentle snowfall into the city. parking his car in a large parking garage, he got out and took a walk towards the alleyway where he and selina had met again. even though it was one of the most dangerous areas of gotham, bruce was unpreturbed. it was midday, damn cold, and he had a mission.

he knew he probably wouldn't find selina, but he stepped into that alley just the same, looking around. before long though, he realized he should probably leave. it troubled him to see a couple of homeless people, one who appeared to have frozen to death, exposed to the elements without a dime to their name while he was dressed warmly in a very expensive suit, coat, and leather gloves.

he turned and exited the way he came. walking a short way on the sidewalk, he decided to pay vicki a quick visit while he was out. however his cell phone was dead, and not wanting to visit her uninvited, he stepped into an apartment building.

"um, hi, may i use your phone for a second?" he asked the man at the desk. "what does this look like?" the man replied harshly with a light italian accent. "a f***ing phone booth?" bruce looked at him for a moment, then nodded and began to turn away. as he did, he noticed a woman standing at the apartment mailboxes.

her face looked stunningly familiar, though he didn't recognize her as a brunette. his eyes moved lower. in spite of the bitter cold outside and the light chill in the building as a result, she was wearing a tank top that was frayed at the bottom, exposing her midriff. bruce studied her stomach for a moment. two tale-tale marks that blemished her fair skin near her navel confirmed it.

"selina!" he called out. startled, she nearly dropped her mail. she turned to him. as soon as she saw who it was, her face contorted to one of disgust and anger. she turned to head back up the stairs.

"selina, wait!" he called, rushing behind her. just as he reached the base of the stairs, she spun, landing a kick into his stomach. he sagged backwards against the wall just as she pinned him to it with the sole of her bare foot against his mouth. she glared at him for a moment, before pulling her foot back and kicking him in the chest. he slumped against the wall, sliding to the floor. without a word, she turned and headed up the stairs.

after regaining his composure, bruce got up and limped out of the apartment building. he returned to the parking garage and drove home, forgetting about his plans to meet vicki.

btw after i finish this i'm going to write a story just about selina from the end of batman returns to this story, all from her point of view. maybe even in first person.

nice reference of the rooftop kick from Batman Returns. apparently Bruce never sees that coming!

The first person Catwoman story should be quite a read!
Why is there always someone who bring eggs and tomatoes to a speech?

I'm digging your new signature banner, Catwoman. Great still indeed. You really like that sequence, don't you.  ;)

You know, one of these days I'm going to write a Batman fan fiction on here. It would blow away all the competition. I just need the time.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Mon,  1 Feb  2010, 04:04
I'm digging your new signature banner, Catwoman. Great still indeed. You really like that sequence, don't you.  ;)

yup.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Mon,  1 Feb  2010, 04:04
You know, one of these days I'm going to write a Batman fan fiction on here. It would blow away all the competition. I just need the time.

You're not lacking for confidence The Dark Knight, although some would arguably describe that statement as arrogant.   :P  It's all very well stating that if you had the time you would blow us all away with your literary masterpiece, but until you put your money where your mouth is the jury's still out... ;)
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

well jury, is the jury going to tell me what they thoughto f my last chapter?

Pretty good Catwoman.  I'm also intrigued by your prequel featuring Catwoman.
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.