Ray Fisher: The Truth Behind the Drama (video)

Started by The Laughing Fish, Tue, 19 Jan 2021, 12:40

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: thecolorsblend on Fri, 15 Oct  2021, 03:38
Authentic human emotion is a thing of the past. People don't have feelings anymore. They have a vague idea of emotions.

At this point, all I want is for the asteroid to land directly on top of my house while I'm sleeping.
I relate. People want two things: to be liked and to be right. Which creates a lot of sheep and also a lot of problems. I know what's going on, but at the core I know nothing really matters and I just want to be left alone with my thoughts. I'm not actively seeking it but I'm okay with dying.

Quote from: thecolorsblend on Fri, 15 Oct  2021, 03:38
Quote from: The Laughing Fish on Fri, 15 Oct  2021, 01:30

This video was posted shortly after Ray Fisher was fired from The Flash. Less than a week later, that YouTuber was covering DC news again.  ::)

FFS, I understand some people can't help themselves and want to make money out of the YouTube algorithm, but why the hell would anyone make this video if they weren't going to keep their word? At the very least, he should delete this video, because whether he's pro Snyderverse or not, it makes him look foolish at best. At worst, the video is performative and hollow.
Authentic human emotion is a thing of the past. People don't have feelings anymore. They have a vague idea of emotions.

At this point, all I want is for the asteroid to land directly on top of my house while I'm sleeping.

We can blame YouTube for making a contribution in stunting human emotions. When there's a digital algorithm and monetisation program that can be abused for incentives, that's a serious problem.

The guy in the video, Chris Wong, is like many other pro-Snyderverse commentators who I've noticed have had the privilege to speak to Fisher, Snyder and so on during various streaming events, such as Justice Con. Many of them took the chance to virtue signal over Fisher's firing by tweeting #IStandWithRayFisher...and yet they're still shilling the latest DC movies. I remember reading another fool who tweeted #SuckItWarnerBrothers, while expressing his excitement for Aquaman 2. If I were Hamada or Emmerich, I'd laugh at him.

Sure, people are free to watch whatever they want. But I can't take any of these people seriously if they don't have the guts to stay true to themselves. If you don't care about restoring the Snyderverse or what happened to Fisher all that much, then just say so. Otherwise, tweeting hashtags you don't really believe in and faking your outrage on camera only makes you a dishonest jackass.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

Just when I was speaking about Chris Wong's two-faced behaviour, here comes Film Gob compiling this video.

I could've done without Eckhardt's Harvey Dent, and the video erroneously states Wong's original content has been hidden/deleted, when isn't the case at the time of writing. But it's still a great video. If you flip flop easily, you deserve to get ridiculed.

The worst thing about Wong is he never explained why he backtracked from his original stance, and as I said, the video is still available. He offers no explanation whatsoever over why he feels Walter Hamada and co no longer need to be held accountable, and hypes all of the movies produced by him. Yet, he supposedly still wants the Snyderverse. Anybody has been paying attention all this time knows the studio has made such things as incompatible.

So much for A > E.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

Fans on Twitter have been tweeting #BoycottWB to protest against the current regime at WB for their gross mismanagement, sabotage and hostility towards anything Snyderverse-related for the last five years. It intensified a bit when DC Comics announced Geoff Johns is writing the new Flashpoint Beyond comic. It led to Johns' name coming up on Twitter trends with a description referring to his involvement behind the scenes of Josstice League.

Ray Fisher reacted to the Johns news by saying this.

Geoff Johns is still a racist.

A>E

https://twitter.com/ray8fisher/status/1482061004301295625?cxt=HHwWkoCzjbKoq5EpAAAA

An hour or so later, WB released an official first look of Leslie Grace as Batgirl. How convenient. Very typical of the studio desperately in damage control.

People may argue Johns may be ignorant or lacking tact when it comes to talking to people, but I say actions speak louder than words. His lack of a direct response to the accusations and hiding behind his PR team making idiotic statements trying to put him in a good light tells me a lot. But that's okay, maybe he can still rely on his ex-wife to dismiss the accusations while writing and deleting incendiary tweets against Snyder and every actor involved, like she did last week.

Today, James Gunn explained himself about an old screenshot of him liking a tweet that disrespected David Ayer. Ray Fisher got involved and pressured him to explain why he liked Alan Tudyk's tweet defending Whedon. Gunn responded with an explanation in the following screenshot.

This might seem reasonable enough on the surface...except I've been trying to look for Tudyk's apology for his original tweet, but all I could was him backtracking while still praising Whedon.

Sounds like a blatant non-apology to me. Gunn must not know what he's talking about, or he is lying. Same goes for Tudyk.

FWIW, David Ayer did vouch for Gunn's explanation about the Suicide Squad tweet, and basically kissed his ass over Peacemaker. I hope the Ayer cut is finally coming out this year, because as time goes by, David is awkwardly heading towards bootlicking territory if the studio doesn't give him the same level of support.

Today, the New York Magazine published what is possibly the worst attempt at a puff piece I've ever read, and the subject is Joss Whedon.

https://web.archive.org/web/20220117174536/https://www.vulture.com/article/joss-whedon-allegations.html

The pathetic article is nothing more than denials, ad hominem attacks, desperate sob stories about his personal experience, yet at the same time there are more stories of screwed up incidents where Whedon hurts and humiliates women. Real degenerate behaviour. But for the sake of keeping it on topic to JL, I'll just post the following observations.

The prick made some rather unflattering comments about Gal Gadot, dismissing her as "not being able to understand English".

Unsurprisingly, the scumbag said this about Fisher, and ZSJL:

Justice League premiered in the fall of 2017. It was a critical and commercial debacle. Snyder's fans blamed Whedon for its failures, accusing him, as one tweet put it, of turning Snyder's godlike heroes into clowns. The power of fandom, a force Whedon had done so much to cultivate at the start of his career, was now wielded against him. The fans launched an elaborate campaign pressuring Warner Bros. to release the version Snyder had originally planned, chartering a plane to fly a banner over Warner Studios. Just as Whedon had once used message boards to bond with Buffy obsessives, Snyder used the social-media platform Vero to rally his followers, sharing pictures of his morning workouts alongside images that appeared to be derived from his cut of the film. Several months into the pandemic, the studio, desperate for content, announced that his cut would air on HBO Max. At an online fan event celebrating the upcoming release, Snyder declared he would set the movie on fire before using a single frame he had not filmed himself. "Our lord and savior Zack Snyder!!!" someone wrote in the comments below the livestream.

Around the same time, amid worldwide protests against racism, Fisher posted a series of tweets accusing Whedon of abusing his power and charging studio executives with "enabling" the director. In a Forbes interview, Fisher said he'd been told Whedon had used color correction to change an actor of color's complexion because he didn't like the actor's skin tone. "Man, with everything 2020's been, that was the tipping point for me," Fisher said. (Fisher did not respond to multiple interview requests.)

Whedon was stunned. He had given the whole movie a lighter look, brightening everything in postproduction, including all the faces. He said the claim that he had disliked a character's skin tone, which Forbes ultimately retracted, was false and unjust. Whedon says he cut down Cyborg's role for two reasons. The story line "logically made no sense," and he felt the acting was bad. According to a source familiar with the project, Whedon wasn't alone in feeling that way; at test screenings, viewers deemed Cyborg "the worst of all the characters in the film." Despite that, Whedon insists he spent hours discussing the changes with Fisher and that their conversations were friendly and respectful. None of the claims Fisher made in the media were "either true or merited discussing," Whedon told me. He could think of only one way to explain Fisher's motives. "We're talking about a malevolent force," he said. "We're talking about a bad actor in both senses."

Some of Whedon's defenders proposed a theory: What if Fisher had been doing Snyder's bidding? Without furnishing proof, they speculated that Snyder had tricked Fisher into thinking Whedon was racist. Or maybe Fisher knew perfectly well his allegations were bullsh*t. Either way, the actor and director had "manufactured a controversy" that made Snyder seem like a progressive ally while diverting attention from the fact that their early cut had been a disaster. Whedon's advocates believed this campaign had poisoned Carpenter against Whedon, causing her to see the complicated story of their relationship as a simplistic narrative of abuse. "Once someone lights a fuse and people see there's a flame, they run to it and throw stuff into it," one person in Whedon's circle said.

In our conversations, Whedon was somewhat more circumspect. "I don't know who started it," he told me. "I just know in whose name it was done." Snyder superfans were attacking him online as a bad feminist and a bad husband. "They don't give a f*** about feminism," he said. "I was made a target by my ex-wife, and people exploited that cynically." As he explained this theory, his voice sank into a hoarse whisper. "She put out a letter saying some bad things I'd done and saying some untrue things about me, but I had done the bad things and so people knew I was gettable."

When Snyder's four-hour cut was finally unveiled, it was critically acclaimed. His fans pored through both films to analyze the differences. Some seized on a belief, first put forth by Fisher, that Whedon had intentionally erased people of color from the film. A remarkable reversal had taken place. Fifteen years earlier, Snyder's work was widely seen as the epitome of problematic cinema. His breakout effort, 300, a sword-and-sandal epic about the Persian Wars, was "so overtly racist" in the view of the U.N. delegation from Iran that it threatened to incite "a clash of civilizations." Now, the internet had recast Snyder as a progressive hero while branding Whedon, its progressive hero of yesterday, as a villain and bigot. "The beginning of the internet raised me up, and the modern internet pulled me down," Whedon said. "The perfect symmetry is not lost on me."

The journalist who wrote this article is just as bad, she comes across as a fangirl for the sh*thead. First of all, Whedon is lying because Snyder has said the Warner executives had never seen his cut of the movie.

Second, I include WB as trash because the sentence I highlighted in bold was the very same despicable accusation they used in Fisher's tell-all article with THR last year.

By late June 2020, Fisher went public with his dissatisfaction at what he viewed as Warners' inaction. For their part, Warners sources contend that Fisher was being manipulated by Snyder, who hoped to reclaim control of the DC film universe.

Fisher says that "the assertion that a Black man would not have his own agency is just as racist as the conversations [Warners leadership] was having about the Justice League reshoots. I've been underestimated at every turn during this process and that is what has led us to this point. Had they taken me as seriously as they should have from the beginning, they would not have made as many foolish mistakes as they did in the process." Snyder denies any role in influencing Fisher.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/ray-fisher-opens-up-about-justice-league-joss-whedon-and-warners-i-dont-believe-some-of-these-people-are-fit-for-leadership-4161658/

Absolutely disgusting behaviour. I don't understand what the hell Whedon is thinking of trying to achieve here, the reactions to this NY Mag report has been overwhelmingly negative if you look online, and by those who isn't desperate Whedon shill. The moron has dug an even bigger hole for himself with this childish farce.

To Fisher's credit, he has not taken the bait:

Looks like Joss Whedon got to direct an endgame after all...

Rather than address all of the lies and buffoonery today—I will be celebrating the legacy of Reverend Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

Tomorrow the work continues.

#MLKDay

A>E

https://twitter.com/ray8fisher/status/1483153528763858948?cxt=HHwWiICy1deRnJUpAAAA

I'll cap this post off with this great tweet by critic Isaac Feldberg:

Cyborg's the emotional core of Snyder's JUSTICE LEAGUE, Fisher playing him with a nobility and pathos that elevates its story of fathers and sons, of heroism as finding strength to carry one's heaviest burdens. Whedon's comments reveal only the limits of his own artistic insight.

https://twitter.com/isaacfeldberg/status/1483153796255657989?cxt=HHwWisC50aChnJUpAAAA

Tue, 18 Jan 2022, 04:38 #26 Last Edit: Tue, 18 Jan 2022, 04:41 by thecolorsblend
QuoteAccording to a source familiar with the project, Whedon wasn't alone in feeling that way; at test screenings, viewers deemed Cyborg "the worst of all the characters in the film."
I haven't read the whole article yet so I might be missing some context. Still, based on the bit quoted above, it's not clear who the audience was for these "test screenings".

I wonder that the "viewers" being referred to up there were WB execs but the writer deliberately phrased it in a way to make readers think that was an opinion held by a public test screening audience.

That line up above seems very fishy to me. Am I all alone here?

PS- The bit where Cyborg explores his abilities and tops off the single mom's bank account is one of the best scenes in the whole movie and it's incomprehensible to me that anyone wouldn't savor that whole sequence.

Quote from: thecolorsblend on Tue, 18 Jan  2022, 04:38
I wonder that the "viewers" being referred to up there were WB execs but the writer deliberately phrased it in a way to make readers think that was an opinion held by a public test screening audience.

A two hour runtime was mandated, so the film was going to suffer in all areas. But I agree. The quoted comment is fishier than a barrel of salmon. They're trying to make it seem that Whedon isn't the main source of the Cyborg content being stripped as others shared his views - that Ray is a genuinely bad actor. To make it seem that Whedon was actually trying to remedy Ray's poor job in good faith. This is actually Whedon firing back with 100% personal malice while doing so 'professionally and based on facts'.

Quote from: thecolorsblend on Tue, 18 Jan  2022, 04:38
QuoteAccording to a source familiar with the project, Whedon wasn't alone in feeling that way; at test screenings, viewers deemed Cyborg "the worst of all the characters in the film."
I haven't read the whole article yet so I might be missing some context. Still, based on the bit quoted above, it's not clear who the audience was for these "test screenings".

PS- The bit where Cyborg explores his abilities and tops off the single mom's bank account is one of the best scenes in the whole movie and it's incomprehensible to me that anyone wouldn't savor that whole sequence.

Putting aside the video I shared of Zack saying his cut was never screened to anyone before 2019/20, I wouldn't give that piece of sh*t article I shared any credibility whatsoever, judging by this garbage writing I read:

While Whedon's superhero epics were leavened by irony and wordplay, Snyder's were brooding and self-important, with a visual style that combined the artificiality of a video game with the fascist aesthetic of a Leni Riefenstahl production.

In other words, the dickhead disgrace who wrote this article is comparing Snyder's movies to a Nazi propaganda film director.

You can tell this sorry excuse of a "journalist" is a Whedon shill. What a disgusting, repulsive piece of drivel, to write that while slandering an ensemble superhero movie that features an African-American character taking center stage of the film. Not to mention the audacity to compare Snyder's work to Nazi propaganda, when Whedon was the one who cut out all of the black/Asian characters from his version of JL and replaced them with white characters.

This is nothing but the writer and Whedon projecting their own racism, as far as I'm concerned. That whole sequence is Cyborg's origin story, right in the middle of the film, but Whedon, Emmerich AND Johns couldn't have that, oh no! So with that in mind, we shouldn't be surprised if vermin with such hateful agendas couldn't savour such a moving sequence like everyone else.

As for the complaints about 300, the only "crime" Snyder committed was he adapted Frank Miller's story. A detractor might say Snyder shouldn't have adapted 300, well any criticism about that story's allegories should be aimed at the creator of the source material.

Like I was getting at, it's outrageous that all of these bloggers project their faults onto Snyder as this "misogynistic, racist" bogeyman, when more often than not that's exactly who they are. When it comes to Whedon, that's exactly what he does - project. People like him and the bloggers like this joke of journalist who wrote this failed puff piece are narcissistic sociopaths.

Meanwhile, I saw this tweet from a fan who made this observation from an episode of Doom Patrol, which featured a scene of an alien character making this dubious joke about Cyborg.

I don't watch Doom Patrol, so I don't know what the context of this scene. But according to some fans, the "fish-f***er" line could be an in-joke to insult Ray Fisher and even Jason Momoa, seeing as Jason backed Ray up publicly over that Frosty the Snowman fiasco. You might think of it as a stretch, but then again Geoff Johns is an EP on Doom Patrol, and Fisher did accuse Johns of gloating about getting another Cyborg on the show out of spite. Not to mention Johns' name was listed as a producer on that fake Frosty press release.

I'd like to know if there's more to this in-joke I'm not getting at or it just happens to be a coincidence. Under any normal circumstances, I agree this is a stretch. But not with the way WB is running at the moment.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Tue, 18 Jan  2022, 05:06
A two hour runtime was mandated, so the film was going to suffer in all areas. But I agree. The quoted comment is fishier than a barrel of salmon. They're trying to make it seem that Whedon isn't the main source of the Cyborg content being stripped as others shared his views - that Ray is a genuinely bad actor. To make it seem that Whedon was actually trying to remedy Ray's poor job in good faith. This is actually Whedon firing back with 100% personal malice while doing so 'professionally and based on facts'.
That's another issue.

Whedon's reputation and his career are both on the ropes at the moment. So, if you ask me, it makes no sense for him to unilaterally to do this NY Mag thing. Because people had stopped calling for him to be tarred, feathered and run out of town. Everyone has been talking about Jussie Smollett for the past few weeks. All Whedon did was remind everyone (1) that he exists and (2) that nobody of any significance has broken ranks with Charisma Carpenter. Now is just about the worst possible time for him to make fiery remarks, isn't it?

I wonder if Whedon truly is this brainless or if he's been promised something in exchange for saying X, Y and Z to the press in light of how active Fisher has been lately.