Justice Con 2020

Started by The Laughing Fish, Sat, 11 Jul 2020, 03:39

Previous topic - Next topic
This is surprising, Justice Con is returning in 2021.

https://vero.co/zacksnyder/J9g-bTc44cL1tm2hCf4FW92C
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

This year's edition of Justice Con happened over the weekend. Saturday is devoted to ZSJL, and Sunday is devoted to Army of the Dead. Here below are the interviews discussing ZSJL.

Ray Porter:

Ray Fisher:

Joe Manganiello:

Harry Lennix:

Patrick Tatopolous:

Zack Snyder and Chris Terrio:

Jay Oliva:

I haven't had the chance to watch any of the interviews thus far, with the exception of some portions of the Snyder and Terrio video, but some of the biggest revelations I've heard include:

• Wayne T. Carr was confirmed as the actor who played John Stewart/Green Lantern, before Warner Butchers forced Zack to remove him from ZSJL.
  • The cancelled Deathstroke project was going to explore Slade Wilson's backstory involving his family (including his son who is otherwise known as Jericho in Teen Titans), and Talia al Ghul, seeing as Slade would've had some ties with the League of Assassins.
  • The shot of Batman standing on top of the Batmobile tank during the Silas Stone closing narration had another DKR egg - the criminals who were captured underneath were the Mutants.
  • If Terrio had the choose the title of BvS, some of the titles he brought up were Justice League: Foundations or Justice League Rising.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

Terrio's alternate titles are just not good. The follow-up to MOS needed to reference Batman and Superman in some way. His title suggestions... idk, just not feeling them. BVSDOJ is a better, more descriptive and more accurate title than his ideas. I rly don't understand why people have a problem with BVS as a title. It sums up perfectly what the movie is all about.

If summing up what the movie is all about is the problem, well, go watch the MCU or something.

Calling the movie Batman and Superman would not just boring but false advertising because the majority of the story is adversarial. BvS is not just more descriptive, it automatically conjures an exciting image in the human brain, eliciting debate as to what the outcome would be. The same is true of any gladiator contest, be it Alien v Predator or more recently, Godzilla v Kong. The Dawn of Justice subtitle doesn't just take care of the last section of the movie but also leads into the sequel. I don't see how it could be bettered.

Quote from: The Laughing Fish on Sun, 18 Apr  2021, 04:41
Wayne T. Carr was confirmed as the actor who played John Stewart/Green Lantern, before Warner Butchers forced Zack to remove him from ZSJL.

According to Snyder, he met Carr through Fisher, who is a good friend of his. Carr also verified this during an interview with the LightCast YouTube channel:

I wouldn't be surprised if forcing GL's removal from ZSJL was another way for Warner Butchers to punish Fisher further for speaking out, as well as screwing Zack over. Multiverse, my ass.