The Killing Joke

Started by Catwoman, Sun, 12 Jul 2015, 19:06

Previous topic - Next topic
http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/exclusive-kevin-conroy-mark-hamill-star-batman-killing-joke

Conroy and Hamill in, with Tara Strong reprising Barbara Gordon. Ray Wise will take on the role of Commissioner Gordon.
That awkward moment when you remember the only Batman who's never killed is George Clooney...

Can't freaking WAIT!

This is probably going to be the most epic, terrifying, repulsing, amazing thing in the history of history!

There needs to be a documentary about Kevin and Mark's battles as Batsy and Joker too cause they are the greatest Batman and Joker ever. There are totally other great ones or really good ones but they're the best and I will debate anyone on that til the end of times...or until I get bored lol. Gosh I love them and I love these characters. As much as I want to hate the Joker (this one, I probably will hate) Mark (and Jack...and Cesar...) gives him such a charm I can't.

So excited about this. So NOT excited about the idiot parents who see "Batman" and don't read the rest of the title and definitely don't bother to look into the freaking story and buy it for little Timmy and he winds up needing therapy and they start looking for a deep pocket cause that's how modern society and especially my suck ass generation does things.

I'm interested if they'll go with the original colour scheme or the recolouring.

As a massive Twin Peaks fan, I'm thrilled to hear Ray Wise is in this. He's one of the most underrated actors working in the business. I always thought he would've been perfect as Norman Osborn if they'd made a Spider-Man film in the nineties. He can shift from charming to psychotic in the same breath without missing a beat.

Considering how well he conveyed a father's anguish over his daughter's suffering in Twin Peaks, I can easily see him bringing a similar intensity to Gordon in this film. Throw in Conroy and Hamill and it's perfect casting all round.

Trailer:
That awkward moment when you remember the only Batman who's never killed is George Clooney...

Looks good, but they could do the oval? Come on!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bring it on. This story is not to be joked about...

http://www.cosmicbooknews.com/content/watch-12-minute-batman-killing-joke-sneak-peek

Oh my freaking gosh. That was so amazing. Go watch. Like, now. Go.

It's not like 12 minutes of the movie, it's a featurette dealio with Bruce Timm and two other guys I don't know yet but I like them lol talking about the story and the process of making a movie of it and then you have the voice actors chiming in quickly toward the end. So good. Has me so excited for this!

One of the comments at that link is interesting, regarding the DCEU and Bruce Timm. I like Zack Snyder's approach so far but wow. Think about that for a sec. Honestly I think I would rather him keep doing these AMAZING animated movies because that's the best Batman medium to me, even though it doesn't get the big money and stuff like live action, because he's a comic book character and it's like a comic book coming to life but keeping that look.

Bruce Timm and Paul Dini are the best things that have ever happened to Batman, outside of the comics.  I would feel like I had died and gone to heaven if these guys were one day put in charge of the live-action films.
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.