Justice League news (and a lot of it)

Started by Catwoman, Tue, 21 Jun 2016, 13:33

Previous topic - Next topic

Tue, 21 Jun 2016, 13:45 #2 Last Edit: Tue, 21 Jun 2016, 13:47 by Catwoman
Willem Dafoe's character confirmed (so much for me wanting Dan Turpin)

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/willem-dafoes-justice-league-character-revealed

The baddy isn't Darkseid, but he's from that vein...

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/justice-league-movies-main-villain-confirmed

Blind sheep: "OMG, the Batmobile STILL has guns, Snyder's a hack, LOLOLOL!!!"

Me: "So I gather you complained when Burton and Nolan showed Batman driving vehicles armed with guns too, then?"

Blind sheep: "Um....":(

Me: "Oh you didn't, eh? Then you can shut right up."  >:(

I do like the sound of the synopsis:

Fueled by his restored faith in humanity and inspired by Superman's selfless act, Bruce Wayne enlists the help of his newfound ally, Diana Prince, to face an even greater enemy. Together, Batman and Wonder Woman work quickly to find and recruit a team of metahumans to stand against this newly awakened threat. But despite the formation of this unprecedented league of heroes—Batman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Cyborg and The Flash—it may already be too late to save the planet from an assault of catastrophic proportions.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

New info:

• The movie is no longer a two-parter - it's combined as a standalone.
  • It's described lighter in tone - compared to the "Jack Kirby age of Justice League comics". Maybe this will capture with the JL cartoon too (speculation on my part, by the way)?
  • Tons of mild spoilers in the video below.

QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

If Superman is going to return here, I hope it comes in a sudden epic "Guess who, bitches?" moment. Maybe a Parademon is about to slaughter a JLer with its lance and suddenly it melts in its hands and melds them together and the JLer looks up in the sky and there, eyes glowing as his heat vision fades, is Superman. I don't want it to be built up or anything, just BOOM there he is and the crowd goes wild. Sort of like when Han and Chewie appear on the Millennium Falcon in TFA, my theater exploded in cheers, that should be Supes' comeback too.

I totally need to do a watch through of the JL cartoon. It just never appealed to me for some reason, I was all Batsy all the time but maybe I will like it. The JL clips of Batman I've seen on YouTube look really badass.

Quote from: The Laughing Fish on Tue, 21 Jun  2016, 14:18
New info:

• The movie is no longer a two-parter - it's combined as a standalone.
  • It's described lighter in tone - compared to the "Jack Kirby age of Justice League comics". Maybe this will capture with the JL cartoon too (speculation on my part, by the way)?
  • Tons of mild spoilers in the video below.

Usually I don't watch these videos because I'm ADD and they bore me but wow this one has me really excited. I like the sound of a Bruce who's maybe for the first time since his parents' murder had his faith and hope in humanity renewed. The other bits all sound really nice too. Can't wait!

Quote from: Catwoman on Tue, 21 Jun  2016, 14:37
I totally need to do a watch through of the JL cartoon. It just never appealed to me for some reason, I was all Batsy all the time but maybe I will like it. The JL clips of Batman I've seen on YouTube look really badass.

You need to get on watching more JL. Batman himself comes across more of a smartass and doesn't take crap from anyone, more so than on BTAS sometimes.

My favourite moment he shares with Superman is when he's told to stay put while injured. Batman has this irritated Batglare going on thinking "You f***ing boy scout!" and Superman walks away possibly thinking "heh, I showed him". It's actually quite mundane, but Superman's "You're staying here!" line and the glare makes me laugh.

Tue, 21 Jun 2016, 17:45 #9 Last Edit: Tue, 21 Jun 2016, 23:24 by BatmAngelus
As pointed out, it doesn't look like the Suicide Squad Batmobile had guns at all. The gun on the JL Batmobile look less severe than the BvS one. They also look closer to grenade launchers to me. I have a feeling that these will be used against the Parademons or for non-lethal purposes.

Affleck's comments give me hope:
QuoteYeah, in the last movie, Batman definitely went to a very dark place that was rooted in trauma that occurred to people that he loved and worked with and what he saw. This movie is not about that issue for him so much anymore, he's no longer sort of extreme in that way. From the experiences of the last movie, he's sort of learned and now he's sort of – I'm trying to say it without giving away any spoilers – but he's wanting to redeem himself and wanting mankind to be redeemed and he's wanting to make the world better. Having learned lessons that were important in the last movie. 
http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2016/06/21/ben-affleck-interviewed-on-the-set-of-justice-league

Other quotes I enjoyed:

Q: If each film is a learning experience, what do you think is the main thing you learned from BvS you used here?

A: I think the main thing we learned is that people don't like to see their heroes deconstructed. I think that's hard because it's people we've grown up with and that we care about. They like seeing them in all their glory."
http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2016/06/21/a-hater-tours-the-justice-league-set

Quote"When Batman v Superman came out, I was like, 'Wow, okay, oof,'" admitted Snyder. At Comic-Con to promote the film last summer, he wore a tight black T-shirt pulled over his muscular frame, but on Justice League's Leavesden, England, set, the now-slighter Snyder was dressed in a tweedy vest and tie, his reading glasses dangling from a lanyard. Since coming onboard to direct Man of Steel in 2011, Snyder has worked virtually nonstop on these DC Comics films, and he began production on Justice League a mere two weeks after Batman v Superman debuted to scathing reviews.

"It did catch me off guard," he said of the response to BvS. "I have had to, in my mind, make an adjustment. I do think that the tone of Justice League has changed because of what the fans have said." That, ultimately, is why Warner Bros. summoned a crew of journalists and naysayers to report on a movie that has not yet released any official stills, is barely weeks into shooting, and won't be out until next November. The message was clear, and the principals stuck closely to it: The creative team behind the DC Cinematic Universe has heard your complaints, and the grim fog that suffused Snyder's last two superhero movies is about to lift.
http://www.vulture.com/2016/06/zack-snyder-set-justice-league.html
Glad to hear that Snyder and company are determined to "right the ship" and make up for MoS and BvS's mistakes. Sure, it took two movies, but better late than never, I suppose.

QuoteThen I got really interested in Batman's costume: it's the same as the last movie. He gets a second costume later in the film - a tactical costume, with more armor plating (but UNDER the carbon mesh fiber of the suit, so he doesn't look like he's a robot again) and with cool goggles and with a bunch of straps on it - but otherwise it's the same suit. That's really unusual - they tend to heavily redesign these costumes every film in order to sell more toys. Keeping the suit the same is a really interesting choice, and it speaks to how much Snyder nailed Batman on a visual level - don't mess with aesthetic perfection.
Loved the BVS suit, so I'm glad it's staying the same from there to Suicide Squad to this film. Also glad they're putting the armor plating under the suit so we don't get a mess like the TDK/TDK Rises suit.

QuoteFirst, Gordon. It was JK Simmons' first day on set, and maybe you thought he would be doing some kind of ripped grandpa version of Gordon based on that pic of him working out that was going around online last week, but he isn't. He's absolutely classic Gordon: brimmed hat, head of grey hair, big brushy mustache, trench coat. I was blown away. It's a perfect Gordon. And Simmons plays him with a kind of weariness.
Grey haired Gordon? With a hat for the first time since Hingle? Perfect!

The Parademons stuff does feel like it's taking inspiration from Justice League: Origin (or the animated movie Justice League War)

Regarding the scenes that people got to see:
QuoteThat scene couldn't have happened in Man of Steel. It couldn't have happened in BvS for sure. It was funny, and Affleck and Miller had good chemistry. But more than that it was written from a place where these characters were being treated affectionately. It wasn't a deconstruction or a teardown or a real world version of these characters. It was full of love, and it was full of humanity.

Maybe there are no other scenes like this one in Justice League, but this one scene will make the movie infinitely better and more enjoyable than BvS.
Again, awesome.
That awkward moment when you remember the only Batman who's never killed is George Clooney...