R.I.P. Jerry Robinson

Started by BatmAngelus, Fri, 9 Dec 2011, 01:55

Previous topic - Next topic
QuoteJerry Robinson, a pioneer in the early days of Batman comics and a key force in the creation of Robin the Boy Wonder; the Joker;  Bruce Wayne's butler, Alfred; and Two-Face, died Wednesday afternoon in New York City. He was 89.
http://herocomplex.latimes.com/2011/12/08/jerry-robinson-key-creator-behind-joker-and-robin-dead-at-89/

Share your thoughts and tributes to the man who helped create some of the greatest comic book characters of all time.
That awkward moment when you remember the only Batman who's never killed is George Clooney...

As I posted on Facebook, I was deeply saddened to hear of his passing. Obviously I have never met him or knew him, but in all the interviews I have seen and read he always came across as a nice guy.

I was also shocked when I first heard, almost as if someone had said Stan Lee had died.

Loved his art ( our Facebook profile pic is now one of his iconic covers) and he seemed to be way ahead of his time when it came to preserving early comic works.

Rest in peace. A true legend of Batman history has left us. But what he has left behind is priceless.

One of the most important creators of the 20th century that never got the recognition or the money he deserved. This is a massive loss. May he rest in peace.

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."