Batman Is Bada$$!

Started by Seantastic, Thu, 28 Apr 2011, 13:07

Previous topic - Next topic
Been watching Returns alot lately, and man, how badass is Batman.  Serioursly, in my opinion, Batman has never been so awesome. 
Yea, sure he was pretty aggressive in 89, and in Forever he was again just as aggressive as in 89, and in B&R, well, he did kick some ass.
Even Nolan's stuff, Batman has been pretty damn tamed, yet in Returns Batman is really Batman, you know.  He just doesn't care about the bad guys, to phrase it, they're f***ing with him, so he's gonna f*** them up.
Plus the fighting style is very down and dirty, and aggressive, straight-forward.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruNo86YnRi8&feature=related

^^
My favourite Batman fight, and maybe my favourite film fight ever, just so aggressive and fast, hard-hitting too.

What does everyone else think, was Returns Batman the most aggressive, and 'real' Batman?

Quote from: Seantastic on Thu, 28 Apr  2011, 13:07What does everyone else think, was Returns Batman the most aggressive, and 'real' Batman?
No doubt about it. This is a Batman in a hurry. And because of that, he doesn't care how you go down, just as long as you do. Case in point burning the fire breather and moving on to the next criminal, who he proceeds to knock out with a slab of concrete. As we know, the most obvious example is the strongman. Batman could engage in a lengthy slugfest, but that would take time and effort. Something he doesn't want to use. He wants to see the Penguin now. A timebomb is quicker.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Fri, 29 Apr  2011, 06:43
Quote from: Seantastic on Thu, 28 Apr  2011, 13:07What does everyone else think, was Returns Batman the most aggressive, and 'real' Batman?
No doubt about it. This is a Batman in a hurry. And because of that, he doesn't care how you go down, just as long as you do. Case in point burning the fire breather and moving on to the next criminal, who he proceeds to knock out with a slab of concrete. As we know, the most obvious example is the strongman. Batman could engage in a lengthy slugfest, but that would take time and effort. Something he doesn't want to use. He wants to see the Penguin now. A timebomb is quicker.

Tbh, I always found the firebreather bit more harsh than the strongman.  I don't know why, but I never really thought much about the strongman, infact I feel it was an attempt at humor, whereas burning the fb was just plain harsh, but awesome too ;D.

Fri, 29 Apr 2011, 08:35 #3 Last Edit: Fri, 29 Apr 2011, 08:42 by The Dark Knight
Also, one point I forgot to add - as Keaton's Bruce is such an anti-social guy, it's in his nature to be abrupt.

Get it done, get out. Eg. walking down the ramp and whispering "we'll see". 

I agree. He beats up every thug he encounters without a sweat

http://www.gametrailers.com/user-movie/usermovies/349300

Quote from: SilentEnigma on Sun,  1 May  2011, 09:20
He beats up every thug he encounters without a sweat
The fear factor comes into play as well. When Batman takes down the circus gang at the start, he's doing so as an unseen force. Sure, it's the Batmobile so it must equal Batman, right? But as soon as he stops the car and gets out, everybody who knows he's there scatters very quickly indeed. From a full set, it comes down to pretty much just Batman and Selina one on one. And the stragglers who come into the scene after that soon move on, or look from afar. That speaks volumes. It's like his late night drive past Oswald in the snow. It's an empty street, as if people accept him but aren't exactly rushing out to say hello. They know this guy means business.