There's Still Scene's We Need To See

Started by Seantastic, Thu, 21 Apr 2011, 13:08

Previous topic - Next topic
Yep, we've all seen the deleted one's from the SE DVD by now, and from trailers we can see some little expansions on some scenes, however by using simple maths there is still some 30+ minutes unaccounted for.
We know that the original cut of the film was 2hr 50minutes.  The realesed version is under 2hrs, plus the additional scenes from the SE DVD, that makes up what 15minutes, 20 at best, thats still a huge amount of footage that's still to be seen.

Of course we could add the original ending, which would have been what, a minute, still though, there's still well over 30minutes of footage still out there to be seen.  And I demand it now! ;D

^ A pic of the original ending?

Also, has #3 ever been accounted for?

I don't know how many have heard the rmor of the ending of BF setting up B&R, with Batman and Robin running into a building to get Mr Freeze, and then up would have come 'To Be Continued'.  Now I know its very very unlikely, but theres that much spare footage, I actually wouldn't be suprised fi something along those lines actually was filmed.

Thoughts?

Where'd you get the 2hr50min number? I've never heard anything of the sort. I'm relatively sure that the deleted scenes that were included, with the exception of the "posed on gargoyle" ending were included. The bigger changes to the film comes down to the narrative progression of scenes in the first act. In the original scripted cut, the first act was in a completely different sequence.

Picture #1 is from the released giant bat/memory returning scene. #2 is from the Batman Forever video game commercial, and if you've seen it, you can tell it isn't Kilmer or O'Donnel. Not a deleted scene. #3 is a promo picture for Six Flags, I'm sure. Look at the background architecture. It looks like Burton's Gotham. No place like that appears in BF to my memory. Again, it's not from the film.

That deleted ending rumor is bullox. They hadn't even written B&R yet, and hadn't thought of potential sequels, since the studio was anxious to see if the public would accept Batman again after the BR fallout.

Atr most, we may be missing 1-2 minutes more footage. Naturally, alternate takes do not count.
"There's just as much room for the television series and the comic books as there is for my movie. Why wouldn't there be?" - Tim Burton

Yes, those images were actually taken from a pretty good article written on BOF. For some reason the images are no longer on the article, but they used to be. The numbers in the article still correspond to the above pics, however.

http://www.batman-on-film.com/opinion_scissorpuppy_forever.html

Having said that, if there are any scenes that we haven't yet seen, it would be great if they showed up in a remastered extended edition. I actually wouldn't mind the studios double-dipping with the Batman movies.

The ending of the final film with two stuntmen running towards the camera is still ridiculous. The rooftop scene would be much better.

Pic # 3 is interesting, it looks very similar to the City Hall from B89 (or, it's the same set)

Quote from: SilentEnigma on Thu, 28 Apr  2011, 22:31
The ending of the final film with two stuntmen running towards the camera is still ridiculous. The rooftop scene would be much better.

Agreed. In addition, it would have been much more Burton-like. Considering Batman 1989. Which I think was Schumacher's original intention before slow motion 1960's homage was decided upon, or whatever that was.

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

It could be a completely different movie if it was recut. The unused rooftop ending just seems classic (why didn't they use it again?). Even some of the deleted scenes had some depth to them (others were just silly). I am very curious, since it's likely that they took out Burton-influenced parts.

Why hasn't a directors cut been released?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
May I persuade you to take a sandwich with you, sir?

Quote from: Ill Get Drive-through on Wed, 15 Aug  2012, 13:28Why hasn't a directors cut been released?
My guess is that it's because making a new cut, esp for an older movie like BF, is a kind of expensive endeavor. When those special edition DVD's got released, my understanding is that WB was effectively saying goodbye to that franchise with grace and style. But it was still goodbye. They'd probably already spent a small fortune on those extras, documentaries, interviews, etc, anyway. It'd send a kind of mixed signal if that mega DVD set was intended to be the last hurrah for the Burton era while they made up a director's cut for BF.