Sequels?

Started by Seantastic, Thu, 24 Jun 2010, 18:51

Previous topic - Next topic
Well, I've been watching alot of Batman recently, Returns mostly, and read alot about stuff too, so first off this thread ain't just about JS, it does really lend itself to Burton too.

So, yea there has been huge amounts of rumors about the Batman 5, Triumphant, The Frightening, Year One, TDKR, DarKnight, Dark Night, thats all the one's I've heard of anyway, there's maybe, and probably more.
I just wanted to ask people's opinions on the possible plots of these, and to really share stuff they know/have, one of them is the scripts for DarKnight and Triumphant which I know have been floating the Net for years.  I've also read about prototypes of Batman chest logo's, and Movie Bat-Logos, anything really, I'm very interested in this kinda thing, and again, this doesn't just relate to Joel, anything about a possible 3rd Burton film is also welcomed

Thanks to anyone that helps

I remember tons of rumors back in the day--everything from Jeremy Irons as The Gentleman Ghost to Jeff Goldblum as Scarecrow. But of course, nothing ever came to be.

I know Frank Miller's Year One script is online somewhere. Despite being an adaptation of his work, he changed A LOT of the basic Batman premise.

There's a good overview on this site:

http://www.batman-on-film.com/opinion_jett_b5history.html

Right, well, I've done a lot of research about this, alot of reading through forums and sites and all sorts of stuff, and found something that keeps on croping up

Supposedly this was the prototype Batman Triumphant logo, and well, can anyone shed some light on it?  Anyone else seen this?

i can't shed light on it but i can say that it looks stupid as hell.

what i want to know is what the batmobile in batman triumphant would have looked like. i'm like the only person who liked both of joel schumacher's cars.

I really didn't care for the B&R Batmobile. The Forever Batmobile was ok. It was by far the most flashiest out of the bunch. Which works since it was in Batman Forever;)

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

I've never seen that supposed Triumphant logo either. I can't believe that even Schumacher would commission something so ridiculous-looking.

Quote from: Catwoman on Thu, 15 Jul  2010, 14:36
i can't shed light on it but i can say that it looks stupid as hell.

what i want to know is what the batmobile in batman triumphant would have looked like. i'm like the only person who liked both of joel schumacher's cars.

It would have proabaly been the same batmobile. Though I don't see how it would fit since I heard Triumphant was pretty dark. It supposedly had the feeling of Batman 89 and BF.

Schumaker was irredeemable after B&R. The returning to darker roots statements were probably just lip service. It would not have been anything like what we imagine when we think of darker, especially if it was to follow on from B&R with same cast, it would have still been a Schumaker bat-film. If B&R was successful enough to warrant another film, the studio wouldnt have allowed him to venture too far away from the money machine.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Sun, 25 Jul  2010, 06:34
Schumaker was irredeemable after B&R. The returning to darker roots statements were probably just lip service. It would not have been anything like what we imagine when we think of darker, especially if it was to follow on from B&R with same cast, it would have still been a Schumaker bat-film. If B&R was successful enough to warrant another film, the studio wouldnt have allowed him to venture too far away from the money machine.

I actually think thats why they wanted to go darker, the film didn't do that well and Joel wanted to do a darker film, but they (Warner) didn't want it, they wanted Beyond instead, which IMO wouldn't have been that bad

when nolan finishes his stuff maybe a batman beyond movie could still be made?