Am I The Only One Who Likes It?

Started by Seantastic, Fri, 4 Jun 2010, 12:33

Previous topic - Next topic
Yea, well, the title says it all, sure it aint the best, but I think its watchable, its not as bad as everyone makes it out to be, I would take this over Nolan's two any day, much like I said in the BF thread.

And hey, its a Batman film, as Batman fans we should atleast be able to watch this and respect the theme and tone its been given.

It's a hard sell..that's for sure. 

Some of the performances make me gag...the leaps in logic make me cringe...and the Batman Forever credit card makes me groan...however....

...it's great for kids.  Only Schumacher's efforts can be able to claim to hold the attention of a 5 year old in my book - the rest are either too adult orientated or intense.  For that reason alone I give it value...it wasn't made for me.

Sat, 5 Jun 2010, 12:26 #2 Last Edit: Sat, 5 Jun 2010, 12:34 by The Dark Knight
Well, at least it was honest.

It is everything Forever was, but pretended not to be.

^ Good point

We now have the luxury of hindsight, so I also don't "hate" it. We stopped hating it when Begins came out. I don't know if "respect" is the right word, but it's entertaining and fun in its own way. And for some of us it's also nostalgic.

I actual like it. The film has some good moments . But alot bad moments too.

Quote from: SilentEnigma on Sat,  5 Jun  2010, 23:19
And for some of us it's also nostalgic.

i agree with this. all the burton/schumacher movies are like that. remember all the marketing and all the toys and all that stuff and you can almost forget some of the bad puns lol.

i like batman and robin. i'm one of those people that thinks its cool that there are 20 different kinds of batman and not one pure true version and so i look at this movie as a fun one to watch with some friends or even alone when you want something to smile at. i think it serves that purpose really really good.

I didn't know what I was getting into with Forever, I did with B&R, that helped me enjoy it more; I could turn off my "What a Batman Film Should Be" mentality and just enjoy it for what it was; STUPID escapism.
Why is there always someone who bring eggs and tomatoes to a speech?

Quote from: gordonblu on Mon, 26 Jul  2010, 19:15
I didn't know what I was getting into with Forever, I did with B&R, that helped me enjoy it more; I could turn off my "What a Batman Film Should Be" mentality and just enjoy it for what it was; STUPID escapism.

I'm not a massive fan of either Forever or B&R, but I must admit that I was less dissappointed with B&R when I first saw it since like you I knew what to expect.  Plus IMO, the gap in quality between Forever and B&R is not as great as the drop-off between Returns and Forever.

With time I have gradually grown to enjoy the Schumacher films on a certain level, but honestly, both fall way way short of the Burton and Nolan Batman films.
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

Sat, 31 Jul 2010, 03:40 #8 Last Edit: Sat, 31 Jul 2010, 03:45 by The Dark Knight
Quote from: Catwoman on Mon, 26 Jul  2010, 13:39
i'm one of those people that thinks its cool that there are 20 different kinds of batman and not one pure true version
That is true, however when the one constant in Batman's very being is the murder of his parents, the goofy Batman who wears a bright blue suit doesn't wash with me. It makes a whole lot of sense for Batman to be a grim loner, and in my book, that's the true version. The City that gave birth to his murderer is not going to be a cheerful place.

But even so, kiddie winks need an entry point and it is all open to interpretation. I think that the two versions are often pushed to the extreme, and we need to find a balance between the two. Grounded fantasy.

Sort of off the subject, but does anyone beside me want to see what Keaton would have looked like in the traditional blue and grey tights? I know it wouldn't be as cool, but someone mentioned how terrible it would be and it piqued my interest.
Why is there always someone who bring eggs and tomatoes to a speech?