Casting sequels for the current franchise

Started by johnnygobbs, Sat, 4 Apr 2009, 12:06

Previous topic - Next topic
I think that Catherine Zeta Jones could possibly portray a sexy Catwoman.

Quote from: Dark Knight Detective on Wed,  6 May  2009, 21:22

I think Catherine Zeta-Jones would have made a perfect Catwoman 10 years ago; physically she resembles the comic book Catwoman more than any other modern era actress.  However, I think it's probably too late now.  Despite her Oscar she's not exactly Hollywood's hottest property at the moment especially since they have an aversion to casting any actress older than 35 in a lead role (Meryl Streep excepted).

These days, Angelina Jolie or Charlize Theron (if they go for another blonde actress) would probably be the most likely choices.  I would also consider somebody like Rosario Dawson.  She was quite impressive in Sin City as a femme fatale, and I'd like to see a decent non-white Catwoman after the 2004 'Catwoman' movie debacle (since I genuinely believe that Halle Berry could have done well in the role had the script and direction been half-decent).
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

Wed, 6 May 2009, 23:31 #12 Last Edit: Wed, 23 Feb 2011, 18:05 by THE BAT-MAN
In my mind Michelle Pfieffer is Catwoman.  She cannot be replaced, however, if I was to recommend an actress that could possibly portray her.  I would have to go with actress Dina Meyer only because she resembles Michelle Pffiefer both physically and facial wise.

Thu, 7 May 2009, 01:58 #13 Last Edit: Thu, 7 May 2009, 02:01 by Dark Knight Detective
Quote from: johnnygobbs on Wed,  6 May  2009, 21:46
Quote from: Dark Knight Detective on Wed,  6 May  2009, 21:22

I think Catherine Zeta-Jones would have made a perfect Catwoman 10 years ago; physically she resembles the comic book Catwoman more than any other modern era actress.  However, I think it's probably too late now.  Despite her Oscar she's not exactly Hollywood's hottest property at the moment especially since they have an aversion to casting any actress older than 35 in a lead role (Meryl Streep excepted).

Have faith, my fellow Bat fan. If Streep could pull it off, then I see no reason why Zeta Jones should not have a lead role (you're talking to a guy who has always had a thing for Zeta Jones  ;D ;)).

As for casting Dina Meyer, while I do agree that she looks a lot like Pfeiffer & could be a good cast, I'd also like to see an actress who has a distinct appearence.

For some reason I think Catwoman has to be dark haired (brunette, black hair, something like this) with long and straight hair, and a bit tough looking. Not Sarah Connor-level tough, but you know what I mean :)

Quote from: silenig on Sat,  9 May  2009, 20:04
For some reason I think Catwoman has to be dark haired (brunette, black hair, something like this) with long and straight hair, and a bit tough looking. Not Sarah Connor-level tough, but you know what I mean :)

Who do you have in mind?

Quote from: Dark Knight Detective on Sat,  9 May  2009, 20:06
Quote from: silenig on Sat,  9 May  2009, 20:04

Who do you have in mind?

I'd say Selma Blair, but she has already appeared in the two Hellboys. But THIS type (always my favorite)  ;D

Funny, b/c Ms. Blair reminds me of how Selina/Catwoman is drawn by certain artists:

I'd like to see the guy who plays sheldon in the Big Bang Theory as the riddler, mainly because I feel he could play the extremly intelligant side to the riddler. I also feel that the riddler should be someone who is physically    a no hope against batman. The other actor who comes to mind to fit the character I see would be David Tennant
I'm Better than all y'all cos you suck!

Sun, 10 May 2009, 10:55 #19 Last Edit: Sun, 10 May 2009, 11:03 by ral
Quote from: jimbojetset on Sun, 10 May  2009, 09:03
I'd like to see the guy who plays sheldon in the Big Bang Theory as the riddler, mainly because I feel he could play the extremly intelligant side to the riddler. I also feel that the riddler should be someone who is physically    a no hope against batman. The other actor who comes to mind to fit the character I see would be David Tennant
Plus Sheldon is nearly always wearing a Riddler T-shirt!