I MIGHT HAVE BEEN WRONG! TWO-FACE MIGHT BE BACK!!!

Started by DarkVengeance, Mon, 12 Jan 2009, 17:32

Previous topic - Next topic
I think there is plenty more they could do with him in the next film, but thats just me. I was personally so upset when I found out 3 months before seeing TDK that TF was going to die at the end, but I ended up being ok with it and seeing what it meant to the story arc of the film and the character of Harvey Dent, and what challenges it left open for Batman to face after the events of the film.

But if there is a chance we can have TF back im cool with a small change in themes, just so we can have him back, I feel like that was only the start of destruction that Two-Face could cause in Gotham, but of course to live he might need a little bit of help, considering with his face like that in real life with burns that serious you wouldnt live long and thats for sure!

I have given a name to my pain, and it is BATMAN.

Quote from: raleagh on Tue, 13 Jan  2009, 00:19
Can you guys tell me (cause I really don't know) going from what is in the comics is there much more they can do with the character of Two-Face?

Or have they gone as far as they can?

It could just be a cameo role - locked up in Arkham.
There's more they COULD do... I personally don't think, however, that it could go too far beyond a lot of the basic themes already explored in TDK.  Two Face was anything but masterfully handled in TDK but I don't think there's much juice to be had from a film where he commits crimes based upon the number 2.

I don't know if anyone on here has ever read the Two-Face GN called Batman: Jekyll & Hyde, but it is really, really dark and twisted. I think it would be a good story for the production team to play off of for the next film. It's a story that with a little twist, could plausibly involve Scarecrow also.

Interesting. He might be toying with the fans after getting so sick of the question though. I would like him to appear, but I don't really mind if the character if alive though. We could have him in flashback form, showing the people he killed.

The only thing I don't like with Dent's/TF's story was his relationship w/ Rachel. He should've been married to Gilda b/c it would've added more drama to have Gilda react to Harvey's transformation & murders. Besides, Rachel can't seem to choose if she wants to be w/ Bruce or Dent. What a ****! :P

Quote from: The Batman Returns on Sat, 17 Jan  2009, 15:05
The only thing I don't like with Dent's/TF's story was his relationship w/ Rachel. He should've been married to Gilda b/c it would've added more drama to have Gilda react to Harvey's transformation & murders. Besides, Rachel can't seem to choose if she wants to be w/ Bruce or Dent. What a ****! :P
Thats nowhere near the definition of a **** my friend, maybe thats just your personal experiences with women, flashing before your eyes before posting.

Im glad they used Rachel the way they did, it was perfect, again Ill state that it fits with the story arch for all the characters, sometimes I wonder if some of you actually understand what a story or character arch is.

I have given a name to my pain, and it is BATMAN.

The Dark Knight was about Harvey's fall from grace; AND Batman's fall from grace. If so, the point of the next film, in my opinion, would be redemption. How better for Batman to gain redemtpion in the eyes of the city than for Harvey(who I never thought was dead) to gain redemption for what he really did. It could almost be like Harry in Spider-Man 3 only handled WAAAY better.

I know certain people have stated that A: it's in the script that he's dead; and B: There was a funeral.

A: Scripts are blueprints, not facts. Things change. What about Indy shooting the swordsman in "Raiders"? That wasn't in the script. It was decided to change the scene because Harrison Ford wasn't feeling well. If you followed the script for Batman(89), Alexander Knox would have died at the end.

B: It is already etsablished in the film that Batman and Gordon play things and I quote "Close to the Vest". If anything it was a closed coffin service, and anything could have been in there to simulate a bodies' weight. I think Gordon spirited him away, possibly to Arkham.

As for what his role could be in the sequel, a friend of mine and I thought of this scenario; Harvey obviously escapes, stating that he tried to achieve order in Gotham Gordon's way, now he means to achieve it through shadier means, maybe even getting the remaining mob players to work for him. And of course, borrowing a little from Batman Forever(but better!) trying to snuff the Bat for the death of Rachel. The coin judged Batman guilty, and so far Batman escaped his sentence. Harv would want to finish the job.

We'll know for sure when the next film comes out, but I just don't see Nolan wasting Two-face on the finale of the previous film. It felt more like an appetizer for the character than the main course.
Why is there always someone who bring eggs and tomatoes to a speech?

Mon, 16 Feb 2009, 01:06 #17 Last Edit: Mon, 16 Feb 2009, 01:10 by The Batman Returns
Quote from: gordonblu on Mon, 16 Feb  2009, 00:10
We'll know for sure when the next film comes out, but I just don't see Nolan wasting Two-face on the finale of the previous film. It felt more like an appetizer for the character than the main course.

Originally, I believed that Two-Face survived that fall. I didn't want to see him wasted in such a way. But now, I don't see where he could fit into the sequel. What else is there for him to do? Get his revenge on Batman for pushing him? Doesn't sound like a good idea. Plus, he wanted to avenge the death of Rachel Dawes, who I thought was the weak link of both films (I also personally disliked her).

I thought Aaron Eckhart did an awesome job at portraying Harvey Dent/Two-Face, & I wanted to see him return, but now I'm starting to agree w/ some of the other members about the sequel having him appear in a flashback form (I'd also like to see him in Arkham if anything). Like I said before, what else is there for him to do in the sequel?

Mon, 16 Feb 2009, 01:21 #18 Last Edit: Thu, 19 Feb 2009, 08:15 by gordonblu
[
There is something i've been waiting to see on film that is mainly important only for me, and that is

I WANNA SEE A KNOCK-DOWN DRAG-OUT BLOODY KNUCKLED FIST FIGHT BETWEEN BATMAN AND TWO-FACE!!!!!

Did I mention I love fight scenes?

Seriously, I know Two-Face is a psychological character and I want that in the film too, but I've always felt Two-Face is also a very physical character, and is in many ways Batman's equal when it comes to fighting. I felt like they hinted at it, or I filtered it through my own preferences, when Harvey socked the guy in the courtroom prompting Gordon's line about "a hell of a right cross". But they won't let him use that right cross on Batman? Granted, Harvey doesn't have the same training that Bruce had in Batman Begins, and logically it might not work, but emotionally and tonaly it just feels right to me.

Also, Two-Face wouldn't be after Batman for pushing him, Batman told him to judge the actions of the three of them, Batman, Gordon, and Harvey, and the coin judged Batman guilty. Two-Face has to fulfill it's decision. But Batman is still alive, so it's not fulfilled, hence Two-Face needing to finish the job.

Two-Face is my favorite of all Batman villains and I'm not satisfied with his treatment in live action. This last one was closer, but still didn't feel like he was really given his due

Why is there always someone who bring eggs and tomatoes to a speech?

Quote from: DarkVengeance on Sun, 18 Jan  2009, 19:32Ill state that it fits with the story arch for all the characters, sometimes I wonder if some of you actually understand what a story or character arch is.
Not sure how I missed this before.  I can't speak for everyone else but I at least know how to spell it.