Nolan tired of speculation over third Batman

Started by johnnygobbs, Thu, 17 Jun 2010, 12:43

Previous topic - Next topic
See following link: http://www.imdb.com/news/ni2905371/

What do you think?  I can understand Nolan's frustration, but surely fans are entitled to speculate over the casting for the third film, especially since he's been so coy on his plans so far.  The rumours etc, are part of the fun.

Also, surely Nolan should be grateful that he has the opportunity to make his Batman and shouldn't turn his nose at us poor Bat--fans who don't have the chance to see their version on-screen by ignoring forums etc.   >:(
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

They don't actually quote him as saying he doesn't want speculation so they could be filling in the blanks.

But as you say johnnygobbs, speculation and wishlists are all part of being a fan and being excited.  Surely it is better than people not speculating about the movie!

On the flip side though, I do think fans creating storylines, mock-ups of posters and costume designs before movies are made can be detrimental in some way - especially if they are really good...if the film makers are reading they may feel they have to go in another direction.

Quote from: Paul (ral) on Thu, 17 Jun  2010, 13:04
On the flip side though, I do think fans creating storylines, mock-ups of posters and costume designs before movies are made can be detrimental in some way - especially if they are really good...if the film makers are reading they may feel they have to go in another direction.
That is a good point. A very popular idea could set expectations for the real thing.

Personally, I understand the pressure Nolan feels for the next Batman movie. It's going to be a hard task. And a very well documented task. TDK was a box office monster and was generally very well received. But speculation is all apart of the experience, and fans should not stop being fans.

There's not a single "fan" that speculated about Cher being in the next movie. Some British paper reported it and then the fans talked about it.

Having said that, there is one guy that speculated something fierce about the next movie:

http://splashpage.mtv.com/2008/09/08/dark-knight-exclusive-michael-caine-says-johnny-depp-is-the-riddler-philip-seymour-hoffman-is-the-penguin/

Caine read tabloids like everybody else and based his opinion on that.

Nothing here folks.