TDK sequel script written?

Started by Paul (ral), Thu, 11 Feb 2010, 11:59

Previous topic - Next topic
QuoteWhat about the story? Screewriter(s)? I've noticed a lot of people mentioning David Goyer and Jonah Nolan, ie Christopher Nolan's Creative Posse. They might actually have some time since we've heard rumblings from inside the studio that Jonah has already handed in the first draft of "Batman 3", if so things are certainly moving along on the Caped Crusader front.
http://www.iesb.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=8358:dc-characters-picking-up-steam-at-wb&catid=41:news&Itemid=71

Hopefully it is. I want this ball rolling.

Yep, really looking forward to the third...and maybe fourth and fifth as well. I appreciate the work that went into BB and TDK and rank them as some of the best superhero movies ever.

I'm a Burtonite, I prefer Burton, to me that's Batman, etc.

That said, I was happy to hear that news.  Hope it's true.  I want at least one filmmaker out there to be able to finish what he started in good style.  BB was a pretty wobbly and uneven beginning, TDK was a massive improvement and I hope that the third continues in that line of improving each time out.  I don't care if you're a total Nolanite or if it's Burton to hell and back, this news (if true) is good for everybody.

Quotewe've heard rumblings from inside the studio that Jonah has already handed in the first draft of "Batman 3", if so things are certainly moving along on the Caped Crusader front.

Well, if so, that's outstanding news!

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

As a Batman fan, you?ve got to be excited about this news. Nolan?s Batman honors the character, that cannot be denied. I do critique the films quite a bit, but I do enjoy them as pure escapism. It?s just when they are viewed under pretension I lose it.

Anyway, I think they can improve after TDK. TDK was definitely a step up from BB. I think the way TDK ended opened up a lot of possibilities, and things can only get better.

I?d like to have a more stealth oriented piece, Batman getting around undetected and so on.  I?d actually like it to be the least action oriented. But we?ll see how things turn out.

I?m excited to know another decent Batman film will soon be joining the ranks.  

Fri, 12 Feb 2010, 04:34 #7 Last Edit: Fri, 12 Feb 2010, 04:39 by The Dark Knight
This has nothing to do with Batman 3's scripting.

I?ve been thinking.

If Zimmer and Newton Howard want to expand upon their Batman theme, I think they should take a leaf out of Batman: Arkham Asylum.

In the game, they have Batman music that has a blend of past and present. They have the distinguishable BB/TDK sound, but swirling over the top of it is a haunting choir, much like Elfman?s Batman Returns.

It's a pretty good mix.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Fri, 12 Feb  2010, 02:18

I?d like to have a more stealth oriented piece, Batman getting around undetected and so on.    

I was actually thinking that this would have to be the approach they take since Batman is a wanted man.

In one of the old movie serials Batman goes undercover. He did that in BTAS as well. Remember Matches Malone? I think it'd be cool if they did that in the next film. Perhaps make it an espionage story like the previous one was a crime story. 

Interesting idea Phantom, it will be very interesting to see what they do in the third one after the events in TDK.