Batman 3 Plot Details?

Started by The Dark Knight, Wed, 27 Jan 2010, 04:58

Previous topic - Next topic
nolans films are crummy. Who cares?

They may be clever but they aren't fun to watch, just deppressing and cle she' of the Miller graphic novels.

At least Burton had imagination, now it is all tank this and growlingley deep unrealistic voice that.
LAME.

Dont bash me because I have an opinion. to each their own. I'm not saying his films were terrible, just not enjoyable to watch.

Burtons films and schumachers films were FUN and ENJOYABLE to watch. Whereas nolans films feature cuts, guns and mass murdering yucks.
Fasten your setbelts securely. Any unfastened belt will cause the mission to be aborted.
Batcave security prohibits photography of any type, Thankyou for your attention.

Quote from: BTTFSpencer on Thu, 28 Jan  2010, 09:48
They may be clever but they aren't fun to watch
Agreed. They are a chore to watch. And I don't really find them clever. They have plenty of plot holes.

Quote from: BTTFSpencer on Thu, 28 Jan  2010, 09:48
Dont bash me because I have an opinion. to each their own. I'm not saying his films were terrible, just not enjoyable to watch.
I'm certainly not going to bash you. I share your opinion. I know lots of others do. You can have this view and freely express it around here without receiving a verbal beat down.

Just showing Victor Fries, yeah, they can get away with that, right?

I don?t think so.

If they show Fries, they have confirmed the possibility Mr. Freeze can exist in Nolan?s world. Even if we never see him in his full glory. And that is absolutely absurd. Nolan?s Batman cannot accommodate such villains as seen in the comic books. Whatever is said, it cannot. And if they are used, they are massaged and altered in ways so that they can.

Doing such alterations to Mr. Freeze would lose the very core character, being he is below freezing in a suit and wields an ice cannon. You cannot escape that. Nolan can only really utilize The Riddlers and Jokers, who are essentially nut jobs who dress up in suits.

But showing Victor Fries in the world Nolan has constructed? Absurd. Don't go there.

Good point. The Mr Freeze part was the most fishy about this "news".

On the subject of the Nolan films - what I hate about them is what has been pointed out many times but I feel like repeating: many act like they have to take sides about what is a "proper" Batman film version, instead of appreciating each version for what it delivers. Why every f***ng thing has to be like football, LOL?

Quote from: silenig on Thu, 28 Jan  2010, 21:20
On the subject of the Nolan films - what I hate about them is what has been pointed out many times but I feel like repeating: many act like they have to take sides about what is a "proper" Batman film version, instead of appreciating each version for what it delivers.
True. When one side is stating how superior one set of films is compared to the other "obviously inferior" set, a war is bound to happen. It's a natural reaction. People like that feel they must trash every single aspect of the past to justify the future. Doing that just makes me dislike the film they are championing even more.

It's been a while since we've heard some bogus news.  I guess it was about time for some more.  What, no "Angelina Jolie will be Catwoman" "news"?  I am shocked!  Shocked!

A glimpse of Dr. Fries would be cool... but as TDK says, it opens up a big can of worms.

The Metropolis thing is what convinces me that this is most likely crapola.

Other stuff...

Quote from: BTTFSpencer on Thu, 28 Jan  2010, 09:48nolans films are crummy. Who cares?
Speaking as someone who prefers the Burton films, I'd say Nolan's fans probably care.

QuoteDont bash me because I have an opinion. to each their own. I'm not saying his films were terrible, just not enjoyable to watch.
Generally speaking, people don't get bashed on or banned around here for having a different opinion.  I can think of another Batman movie fan page where that happens but not so much this one.  As long as you remember to never say anything positive about the Schumacher films, you should be okay.

QuoteBurtons films and schumachers films were FUN and ENJOYABLE to watch. Whereas nolans films feature cuts, guns and mass murdering yucks.
Oy, now you've done it.  :)

Quote from: thecolorsblend on Tue,  2 Feb  2010, 03:35
The Metropolis thing is what convinces me that this is most likely crapola.
Same. I just can't see Nolan violating his "real" world with a reference to a City where an invulnerable alien flies around fighting super-villains.

I think it would be cool to have a new Batmobile.
Fasten your setbelts securely. Any unfastened belt will cause the mission to be aborted.
Batcave security prohibits photography of any type, Thankyou for your attention.

Quote from: BTTFSpencer on Tue,  2 Feb  2010, 07:10
I think it would be cool to have a new Batmobile.
I'd like to see another Tumbler, but if not, something in line with the Arkham Asylum video game Batmobile would be welcome. It still retains the all terrain abilities, but it has a more traditional look. Aspects of the past are rolled into one, actually.