X MEN FIRST CLASS TRAILER

Started by Gotham Knight, Fri, 11 Feb 2011, 16:38

Previous topic - Next topic
I am geeking out people.

Methinks some credibility is coming back. Long live the SINGER.

Disagree.

I think Fox has ruined this franchise beyond repair. I'm willing to give it a shot but it's hard to get excited about a "first class" that really isn't the first class.

I do have high hopes for the next Wolverine movie though, but I really think it's time for the characters to revert to Marvel studios. So that they can get a chance to screw up the movies.  ;D

I know that the film has been doing "pick-ups" and re-shoots, which often is not a good thing. And more disturbing is that it appears to have only started shooting nine months before its release date. But from what I see here, it looks decent. I'm not the biggest follower of X-Men. I like them a bit, but I don't have the same passion as others. So it looks alright to me. Some good action. And prequels are usually interesting and fun. Apart from the filming things I have listed, no visible concerns at this stage. I'll have to see more from it.

Yea, it's one thing to make bad movies--it's another thing to do so in such a strange way.

I get that X3 was rushed into production because they wanted to compete with Singer's Superman and knew the movie would make bank even if it sucked (they were right). But I never understood why the series couldn't progress to X-men 4 and instead had to go the spin-off/prequel route.

And for years there had been talks about doing a Magneto/Professor X origin story based on a David Goyer script. And then all of a sudden they ditch it so Singer (later Vaughan) could direct First Class.

I was never a huge X-men fan either. But I loved the 90's cartoon and was just hoping for a movie that could give me the same thrill. None of them have done that yet, and I don't see things improving anytime soon. 

It kinda looks like it doesn't totally suck. The only way to go is up after X3 and Wolverine.

I'll probably go see it. Only superhero movie I'm really looking forward to this summer is Captain America.

wow.. loads of confidence from our batclan 

The first 30 seconds of that trailer looked like something fan-made to me. Never the less it should be good.

Is it a reboot or something?

I think it's supposed to be a prequel that's within the continuity of the other movies. Whether or not there are any inconsistencies remains to be seen.

Quote from: phantom stranger on Mon, 14 Feb  2011, 04:50
I think it's supposed to be a prequel that's within the continuity of the other movies.
That is correct. Certain characters work in prequel form. As X-Men is pure fantasy, I think it has more potential. And say, James Bond can easily be portrayed purely realistic. But I don't think Batman and his secretiveness lends itself too well. "You totally destroy your credibility if you show the literal process by which Bruce Wayne becomes Batman" - Sam Hamm. No matter how real you try and make it, it aint. And a whole movie devoted to it takes away the magic. I prefer being told certain aspects, and seeing very little. Off on a tangent here, but some say Heath's Joker is better because of that. Both characters are important, but I think such a characterisation more suits Batman. The concept of a shadowy figure up against a loud, more open person.

There's tons of inconsistencies, mainly with X3 because of Beast and Emma Frost. I think it's more of a "preq-boot."