Batman Complete Score.

Started by Joker81, Tue, 30 Sep 2008, 17:45

Previous topic - Next topic
WB pretty much emptied the vault when it comes to Superman music (and Superman stuff in general) around the time of Singerman's release.  Scores from all four of the real films, an extra disc featuring background music (whatever was playing on Lois' radio when the earthquake struck, the synthesized country crapola from Smallville in Superman III, etc) and another disc for the Ruby-Spears Superman cartoon from the 80's.

Meanwhile, Elfman's briliant scores languish... :(

I thought I'd post this here. I got an LP of Elfman's soundtrack at a flea market.

Quote from: thecolorsblend on Mon,  5 Oct  2009, 04:33
WB pretty much emptied the vault when it comes to Superman music (and Superman stuff in general) around the time of Singerman's release.  Scores from all four of the real films, an extra disc featuring background music (whatever was playing on Lois' radio when the earthquake struck, the synthesized country crapola from Smallville in Superman III, etc) and another disc for the Ruby-Spears Superman cartoon from the 80's.

Meanwhile, Elfman's briliant scores languish... :(

Really?  All of that was released for Superman?  On CD?  Not a bootleg?  Damn!  Where have I been?  I knew of an expanded Superman 1 score, but I guess I need to start working on tracking that stuff down.

Quote from: Darrell Kaiser on Tue,  6 Oct  2009, 03:19
I thought I'd post this here. I got an LP of Elfman's soundtrack at a flea market.

Cool!!!!  What did you pay for it if I may ask?  I think I paid $10 for mine at a record store 10 years ago or so.  It may have been more.  I also got Prince's Batman LP at the same time.  I think I paid $16 for that one.  Either way, it's a great find!  Congrats!

Quote from: Tarzan1941 on Tue,  6 Oct  2009, 05:50Really?
Really really.  The S4 music was a REAL revelation.  It's easy to forget how well it turned out.  Williams?  No, but what is?

QuoteAll of that was released for Superman?  On CD?  Not a bootleg?  Damn!  Where have I been?
The rumors are many and varied.  I've not gotten involved with the pool as it's a well known fact that you neither confirm, deny or discuss these sorts of matters.

QuoteI knew of an expanded Superman 1 score, but I guess I need to start working on tracking that stuff down.
If Amazon fails you, there's always the usual spots to find this kind of stuff.

I bought the Superman set. It was very nicely done.

Perhaps the same company could do the same thing with the Burton/Shumacher films. I imagine it would be about the same number of CDs.

Quote from: Tarzan1941 on Tue,  6 Oct  2009, 05:52
Quote from: Darrell Kaiser on Tue,  6 Oct  2009, 03:19

Cool!!!!  What did you pay for it if I may ask?  I think I paid $10 for mine at a record store 10 years ago or so.  It may have been more.  I also got Prince's Batman LP at the same time.  I think I paid $16 for that one.  Either way, it's a great find!  Congrats!
I paid $6.00 for a vinyl copy on eBay.  8)
Sam Kinison is my God.

Does anyone know what the choir at the beginning of "Descent into Mystery" is saying? Also, what are they singing in? Latin? Italian?

Quote from: batass4880 on Fri, 13 Nov  2009, 19:01Does anyone know what the choir at the beginning of "Descent into Mystery" is saying? Also, what are they singing in? Latin? Italian?
Take this for the uninformed opinion that it is but I always assumed it was simple chanting.

I sort of thought that too.