BATMAN 89 LIMITED EDITION 2CD SET!

Started by Paul (ral), Thu, 15 Jul 2010, 14:55

Previous topic - Next topic

How do you rate the Expanded OST from La-La Land Records?

5 outa 5
10 (62.5%)
4 outa 5
6 (37.5%)
3 outa 5
0 (0%)
2 outa 5
0 (0%)
1 outa 5
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Funny about Joker Muzak, It sounds to me like it should be a track for The Man Who Laughs. It also reminds me of a piece of music Jerry Goldsmith did for Twilight Zone: The Movie. It was the first cue for the third segment of the film.

Is Beautiful Dreamer, as it is played on the Joker's boom-box at Vicki's apartment, on the new CD's?

My order has been sorted out, but I took it upon myself (yes, praise me to high heaven...but one at a time please...GET BACK! I said in an orderly fashion!) to ask La La Land Records about the people who still have "pending review" as their order status.

They replied with the following.

"We are experiencing a high volume of orders and have not processed all of them yet. We will get to all of them shortly."

With the Krull and Batman releases they are probably swamped. Are many people getting pending review status?

I purchased mine on Wednesday mornining UK time, I got an email confirming the order, but nothing since and my order status has not changed. I shot them an email a short while ago asking what's up. I will be pissed if mine isn't fufilled.
"Excuse me. You ever danced with the devil by the pale moonlight?"

The issue here is I don't think they expected this kind of 'high volume' for BATMAN, thus the confusion and need for review, which only proves that a Limited Release of 5000 units was ridiculous.

Quote from: Gotham Knight on Fri, 30 Jul  2010, 16:16
The issue here is I don't think they expected this kind of 'high volume' for BATMAN, thus the confusion and need for review, which only proves that a Limited Release of 5000 units was ridiculous.

Agreed!  Sure I envy you all who have got the money and the opportunity to grab this while the getting is good, but seriously, 5000 units is complete bull****!  I hate limited editions, iTunes exclusives and anything else that pretty much cuts the majority of the buying market out of a market that quite frankly needs buyers!

Warners should have kept this to themselves and issued it; at least you know there would have been more than 5000 copies and maybe sold in stores.  (I don't know about being sold in stores now that I think about it.  Every time I look for a CD in a store anymore, the racks seem emptier and emptier and space for display is becoming smaller and smaller.)  I mean seriously, it was mentioned that there were copies for sell at the San Diego Comic Con before the July 27 order date.  How many copies were sold there I wonder, because when July 27 rolled around, you know damn good and well there wasn't an honest 5000 copies ready to be sold since some of the 5000 copies had already been sold the previous weekend.

So like I said, I envy those who have it, and will get it.  And if and when I find a download link thanks in part to someone's generosity, I will indeed pass it along.

I was expecting mine roughly two weeks from now, But I received it today!!!! :o

Another dream come true. Now For RETURNS!! ;D

The boombox version of Beautiful Dreamer is not on the album as far as I know, but the disc one Photos/ Beautiful Dreamer version of BD is an unused Elfman version! In addition there is another alternate version on the second disc after the album cues.

Quote from: Tarzan1941 on Fri, 30 Jul  2010, 18:24
Quote from: Gotham Knight on Fri, 30 Jul  2010, 16:16

Agreed!  Sure I envy you all who have got the money and the opportunity to grab this while the getting is good, but seriously, 5000 units is complete bull****!  I hate limited editions, iTunes exclusives and anything else that pretty much cuts the majority of the buying market out of a market that quite frankly needs buyers!

Warners should have kept this to themselves and issued it; at least you know there would have been more than 5000 copies and maybe sold in stores.  (I don't know about being sold in stores now that I think about it.  Every time I look for a CD in a store anymore, the racks seem emptier and emptier and space for display is becoming smaller and smaller.)  I mean seriously, it was mentioned that there were copies for sell at the San Diego Comic Con before the July 27 order date.  How many copies were sold there I wonder, because when July 27 rolled around, you know damn good and well there wasn't an honest 5000 copies ready to be sold since some of the 5000 copies had already been sold the previous weekend.

I understand completely, but I'm just glad it was released at all. There does need to be a more prominent buyers market for film scores!
Why is there always someone who bring eggs and tomatoes to a speech?

Glad you're happy. I can't even get a reply to my emails and since my card has yet to be charged too, I'm guessing there is a problem.
"Excuse me. You ever danced with the devil by the pale moonlight?"

I've listened to it.

I may put together an indepth review later.

But my overall consensus? Two thumbs way up.