Brother-Eye Interviews Batman Forever's Janet Scott Batchler

Started by BatmAngelus, Sat, 28 Nov 2009, 03:22

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: burtongenius on Sun, 29 Nov  2009, 02:18
Question- did mcdonalds do anything for the first batman.  I was just wondering.

I don't think so.

I do agree with you to an extent.  I can't just blame the soccer moms and the corporate sponsers for Returns' relatively disappointing box-office, but I'm sure the bad word-of-mouth that mainly derived from those sources didn't help.  Plus, I would imagine that WB had their eye on how many McMeals they could push, along with other merchandise, before worrying whether the true Batman fans (like me  ;D) were pleased with the film or not.
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

When I first saw Returns at theaters, I was disappointed at the ending. It wasn't a long and tough fight like the first one. When I went back to see it again, I liked it a lot better because I then understood that it was a different film.

Maybe some people like myself (at the time) were expecting a long, action-packed climax like B89.  

Sun, 29 Nov 2009, 03:04 #12 Last Edit: Sun, 29 Nov 2009, 17:47 by burtongenius
Your right ba 4480, they are different movies.  Batman doesn't fight the same fights with different characters.  That would be too scripted.  They are different movies.  The only similarities that any villain or batman movie should have are that the villain wants to hurt gothamites.  How they do it or are stopped are totally dependent on the villain, which doesn't share notes with other villains :).  Johnny Gobbs, your right, I can't expect anyone not to blame the McDs and moms for the kids.  What I'm wondering is if that actually affected the true fans.  Because thats why I asked the previous question.  For obviously McD didn't affect peoples opinion in the first movie (which begs why they wanted the batman deal for the second movie?)

Sun, 6 Dec 2009, 04:35 #13 Last Edit: Sun, 6 Dec 2009, 04:37 by Darrell Kaiser
Quote from: burtongenius on Sun, 29 Nov  2009, 02:18
Question- did mcdonalds do anything for the first batman.  I was just wondering.
Taco Bell handled the first film. They also did Batman & Robin. Funny, eh?

Thanks for the interview, BatmAngelus. I liked how there was a link for an early draft of the Batman Forever script. I've never read it before. You've gotta see if you can find Sam Hamm and interview him in a simular manner.

Very nice interview. Thanks.  8)

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

Finally got the chance to sit down and read the interview.

Some great stuff in there BatmAngelus - thanks so much for that!

Thanks for the compliments, guys.

It looks like Janet Batchler was happy how it turned out.  She linked it on her blog:
http://quoththemaven.blogspot.com/2009/12/apparently-batman-is-forever.html
It seems that her husband and writing partner, Lee, has an affection for that Chase Meridian poster I attached to the interview...

As for Sam Hamm, I would love to sit down with him in a similar manner.  Just gotta figure out how I can track him down.  ;)
That awkward moment when you remember the only Batman who's never killed is George Clooney...

Quote from: BatmAngelus on Tue,  8 Dec  2009, 03:27
It looks like Janet Batchler was happy how it turned out.  She linked it on her blog

That was nice of her.

If can get sam hamm, that would be the bomb. (and waters?)

Brother-Eye is down, but the interview itself has been reposted here at Batman Online for those who missed it: http://www.batmanmovieonline.com/features.php?display=89
That awkward moment when you remember the only Batman who's never killed is George Clooney...