Ghostbusters: Afterlife (2020)

Started by Silver Nemesis, Wed, 16 Jan 2019, 17:23

Previous topic - Next topic

Was onboard before. Now officially concerned.

Quote from: Gotham Knight on Thu,  8 Apr  2021, 13:49
Was onboard before. Now officially concerned.
I feel the same way. To me it looks like a TV movie or an advertisement. But it's actually a real clip.

Channeling Spirits channel on youtube has done numerous videos going over the Ghostbusters franchise, and did a pretty good breakdown of the most recent clip.

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

The Ghostbusters YouTube channel has been uploading old episodes of the animated series over the past few months and making them available free of charge. Here's a particularly good one – 'Knock, Knock' – written by Superman: Earth One writer and Babylon 5 creator J. Michael Straczynski. The plot concerns the discovery of a mysterious gateway by some subway workers, which when opened threatens to unleash a supernatural apocalypse on the world. Naturally it falls on the Ghostbusters to journey into the haunted tunnels beneath New York and make certain the gateway remains permanently sealed.

And here's an entertaining clip of Dan Aykroyd and Bill Murray promoting the original film on the Johnny Carson show back in 1984.

If you've got 35 minutes to spare and you're a GB fan, then these are both worth watching.

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

Wed, 28 Jul 2021, 00:21 #28 Last Edit: Wed, 28 Jul 2021, 00:25 by The Dark Knight
Looks okay. But I'd be lying if I said I'm completely feeling it. Can these kids carry a film? I'm not sure. I support the general legacy concept and moving out of the city, but from what I've seen, it feels pedestrian. Especially if the tone is similar to the supermarket clip with Rudd. The only thing that raised my excitement was the "we're closed" phone call at the end. Hoping for the best, but my early vibe is this could be good but not great. It depends what's up their sleeve.

Wed, 28 Jul 2021, 02:06 #29 Last Edit: Wed, 28 Jul 2021, 02:09 by The Joker
I see what you're saying, but this looks like a honest attempt at course correcting following the debacle of 2016. At least that's how I am interpreting it from what I've seen thus far,  and taking into consideration how much time has passed since we've had an actual GB movie that isn't embarrassingly agenda ridden. I am also really liking what I'm seeing with all signs pointing to Gozer returning. Plus, I am about 99.9% sure that's Vinz Clortho chasing Paul Rudd out of the wally world. He's always lacked the tactical finesse of Zuul.