Ben Affleck is Batman

Started by BatmAngelus, Fri, 23 Aug 2013, 01:21

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: The Laughing Fish on Wed, 20 Jul  2016, 12:52
So, the great Batfleck's kill count has been compiled in a single video...

...brought to you by the same guy who compiled the last Batman kill count in live action.

According to the videos, this is the overall tally of kills per actor:

• Ben Affleck: 21
  • Michael Keaton: 20
  • Christian Bale: 15
  • Val Kilmer: 9
  • Adam West: 1
  • George Clooney: 0*

*See, BatmAngelus told you it's an awkward feeling.  :-[

Batfleck should go on another drunken tirade condemning this overblown and hypocritical fuss.

Most deadly Batman yet? Sure, but at least he's honest about it.  8)

In other news, there's a rumour suggesting the solo Bat movie will take place in Arkham Asylum. I doubt it's true, but if it were, I'd like it to be as intense and claustrophobic as Dredd 2012, another movie were the hero is trapped with his back against the wall.

Source: http://ca.ign.com/articles/2016/07/19/ben-afflecks-solo-batman-movie-rumored-to-be-set-in-arkham-asylum
Kneel before Fleck. The best thing to happen to the character since Michael Keaton. His kill count is so high because he's war weary with a sense of powerlessness. Deal with it haters. And I think the Arkham rumour for the solo will be true. At least for part of the movie. Lots of villain cameos, Batman having to use all his gadgets and skills to survive, etc, etc. It would be a good concept.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Wed, 20 Jul  2016, 13:36Kneel before Fleck. The best thing to happen to the character since Michael Keaton. His kill count is so high because he's war weary with a sense of powerlessness. Deal with it haters. And I think the Arkham rumour for the solo will be true. At least for part of the movie. Lots of villain cameos, Batman having to use all his gadgets and skills to survive, etc, etc. It would be a good concept.
I think there's a lot of mojo to the idea of doing a storyline at least somewhat based on one of the Arkham games. We've seen a ton of things in Batman movies in the past. But one thing we've never seen is a story that takes place all in one night. I've wanted something like that from a Batman movie for decades. An Arkham type of story might be a useful vehicle for that.

Or not, I dunno...

It's like once you hear about a Batman movie featuring multiple villains, Arkham would be the next logical step to go. It's obvious. Course Affleck and Johns could always deviate from what's expected for the sakes of originality, which is fine, but then again, since the Arkham formula is not broken and they can more than likely improve upon it .....

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

Quote from: The Joker on Wed, 20 Jul  2016, 22:27It's like once you hear about a Batman movie featuring multiple villains, Arkham would be the next logical step to go. It's obvious. Course Affleck and Johns could always deviate from what's expected for the sakes of originality, which is fine, but then again, since the Arkham formula is not broken and they can more than likely improve upon it .....
Mmm, actually that brings up something I didn't consider before. Arkham has tons of villains in it. Probably the majority of Batman's rogue's gallery. That might not leave a whole lot for future movies to develop.

I think it would be important to feature Gotham City in some way. We haven't really received a true feel of this new interpretation of the city. I like the idea of this solo Batman movie presenting Batman at a great disadvantage. But from this, his resourcefulness and heroism comes shining through. The whole 'I'm not trapped, you're locked in here with ME' mindset. It would be pretty badass if done correctly. As for the villains, I think Joker should be the main man pulling the strings, just like the game. Let Leto have more to do. With maybe a couple of 'boss fights' with other criminals, and cameos for the rest.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Thu, 21 Jul  2016, 03:32I think it would be important to feature Gotham City in some way. We haven't really received a true feel of this new interpretation of the city. I like the idea of this solo Batman movie presenting Batman at a great disadvantage. But from this, his resourcefulness and heroism comes shining through. The whole 'I'm not trapped, you're locked in here with ME' mindset. It would be pretty badass if done correctly. As for the villains, I think Joker should be the main man pulling the strings, just like the game. Let Leto have more to do. With maybe a couple of 'boss fights' with other criminals, and cameos for the rest.
Somebody get this man an agent and a WGA card, stat!

There's a lot they could do with the concept. Calling in vehicles like a new Batwing. Oracle on his earpiece. Maybe even the secret batcave. But I do think it would be imperative to make the movie feel original, even though it's influenced by various existing media. Affleck has said as much, anyway, so that wouldn't be a genuine concern. Just as BvS has its fair  share of TDK Returns influences, but went down its own path. Which leads people to think Snyder 'doesn't get' that graphic novel.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Wed, 20 Jul  2016, 13:36
Kneel before Fleck. The best thing to happen to the character since Michael Keaton.

When it comes to live action, hell yeah!

When I watched the Ultimate Edition recently, the warehouse fight scene had one cut that I don't think was seen in the theatrical version. As soon as Batfleck had finished beating everybody up, he goes back to face the crook who stabbed him in the shoulder moments earlier. Now that he's pinned against the wall with his own knife, the scumbag cowers as Bats gives him this incredibly enraged staredown. Think Michael Keaton, but on steroids.

Judging by the painful sound of the guy's screams, it appears that Batman had crushed his nuts.

As TDK's Joker says...

QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

Yeah, I love that moment. Truly a sight you would fear and want to avoid. I have to give it to Affleck. When that mask goes on, he transforms into the character big time. He's big, mean and ready to kick ass at all times.

I almost feel bad for Affleck. Both superhero films he did came out to mixed reviews in theatres but acclaimed directors cuts. The poor guys talents had been reserved for deleted scenes.