The BAT at the end of the movie

Started by bttfbat, Sun, 5 Aug 2012, 03:54

Previous topic - Next topic
I have been thinking about the ending of the film with the BAT and the whole auto pilot thing.  First I do believe that everything Nolan showed us at the end was legit, not some vague dream like sequence.  I see online there are many that keep ripping the whole thing about the auto pilot being fixed.   I notice some really doubt it.  I think there are several clear examples of information  that prove it was indeed fixed.  First on screen when Batman saves Catwoman from the thugs on the roof top.  The BAT was hovering there, silent, no one knew it was there.  That sort of action would require some sort of auto pilot function.  I noticed in the book  Dark Knight Manual, it had this to say about the autopilot:  "The Bat's autopilot function, which effectively kills the flood lights and shuts down the craft's main engines, allowing it to quietly hover through sensitive areas, is currently disabled." Well we saw it on screen behaving that way so I think that pretty much sums it up that yes the autopilot did work.   I don't know how many have read or saw this book, but thought it would be good for others to know about this detail.