89's ending

Started by Paul (ral), Tue, 12 May 2009, 21:16

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Dark Knight Detective on Wed, 13 May  2009, 19:58
Meh. As much as I love Jack's Joker, I didn't want to see him in Triumphant, because as I've said before, it would've been very out of place to have Clooney's Batman be his "opposite".

I didn't want to see Triumphant made if it was going to be a sequel to Batman & Robin. There's no way anyone could have credibly continued with the franchise after that debacle.  If only Burton had made another Batman film.   :'(
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

Quote from: johnnygobbs on Wed, 13 May  2009, 21:45
I didn't want to see Triumphant made if it was going to be a sequel to Batman & Robin. There's no way anyone could have credibly continued with the franchise after that debacle.  If only Burton had made another Batman film.   :'(

Yes indeed. :)

And you know what, I've seen movies that I thought were poor (like Batman Begins) spawn sequels that were vast improvements (like The Dark Knight), but B&R just went to the extreme level of a bad film. There was no way in hell that it was going to have a sequel or successfully seek a significant amount of redemption. :P :-X

QuoteAnd you know what, I've seen movies that I thought were poor (like Batman Begins) spawn sequels that were vast improvements (like The Dark Knight), but B&R just went to the extreme level of a bad film. There was no way in hell that it was going to have a sequel or successfully seek a significant amount of redemption. :P :-X

I don't agree that Batman Begins was a poor film, although I do think it was overrated and that TDK represented a vast improvement, especially in terms of story.  Like you say though there's no way the franchise could have continued after B&R, unless you were to pretend that it never existed and carried on straight after Batman Forever (which was ok, though not great).

Maybe, someone could do a sequel to Batman Returns one day in the same way Brian Singer purposefully discarded Superman 3 and 4 when he made Superman Returns.  Doubt it will ever happen though. :(

Quote from: johnnygobbs on Wed, 13 May  2009, 22:43
Maybe, someone could do a sequel to Batman Returns one day in the same way Brian Singer purposefully discarded Superman 3 and 4 when he made Superman Returns.  Doubt it will ever happen though. :(
It won't ever happen.

Dunno if that would work. In Superman Returns, the plot is rather silly at times, & the acting is average or lower.

I wouldn't want anyone else playing these roles if it were to continue on from Returns. It would only work if it were made 'back in the day', say in 1994 or 1995. It would only work if Keaton, Burton and all the cast returned. But it's too late for that now. They are older and some, like Pat Hingle, are no longer with us.

All I can hope for is Burton directed Keaton Batman in a TDKR story.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Thu, 14 May  2009, 08:18
I wouldn't want anyone else playing these roles if it were to continue on from Returns. It would only work if it were made 'back in the day', say in 1994 or 1995.

You are not alone.

Quote from: topic=770.msg13146#msg13146 date=1242289106
All I can hope for is Burton directed Keaton Batman in a TDKR story.

Well, I have no doubt that TDKR was in Burton's mind while coming up with the story for BR, because the final product that story in so many ways (in both visuals & plot).

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Thu, 14 May  2009, 05:52
It won't ever happen.

Whoah!  Ok!  Isn't that what I said.  Yes, it won't happen but it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world - better than the Schumacher disasters.  Personally, I'd love to see the Shrecks, etc portrayed again in other media (comics, cartoons, other films).