parts in the script not in the movie you wish that were

Started by Catwoman, Fri, 9 Oct 2009, 10:18

Previous topic - Next topic
Another thing I would have liked to see is the original ending, with the light blinking on and off, would be cool to see

But then again, I would also have loved to have seen how Hamm's would have been

Quote from: Seantastic on Fri, 25 Jun  2010, 13:35
Another thing I would have liked to see is the original ending, with the light blinking on and off, would be cool to see
Actually, I agree with you.

My ideal Batman Returns ending would be the following.

Bruce notices Catwoman's shadow, gets the cat and Alfred drives him away. That stays the same. The camera still pans up, and the batsignal lights up, but Catwoman does not appear. I think the previous shadow scene was enough. That way, is Bruce just seeing things, or is Catwoman really out there? We are then never shown, and is left up to us. I like ambiguity.

The batsignal blinks on and off, and finally, with the rest of the City, blacks out - as we melt into the end credits. The ending as it stands is hollow, but this way, it would be more so.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Fri, 25 Jun  2010, 14:48
Quote from: Seantastic on Fri, 25 Jun  2010, 13:35
Actually, I agree with you.

My ideal Batman Returns ending would be the following.

Bruce notices Catwoman's shadow, gets the cat and Alfred drives him away. That stays the same. The camera still pans up, and the batsignal lights up, but Catwoman does not appear. I think the previous shadow scene was enough. That way, is Bruce just seeing things, or is Catwoman really out there? We are then never shown, and is left up to us. I like ambiguity.

The batsignal blinks on and off, and finally, with the rest of the City, blacks out - as we melt into the end credits. The ending as it stands is hollow, but this way, it would be more so.

It would have been cool, however I feel the ending they went with was the stronger of the two, I mean at this point it was still believed that Burton would be doing a third, and with some people not liking the death of Joker in 89 this atleast kept another character alive and active for a sequel

However, if it was up to me, my dream ending wouldn't be either, it would actually be what I believe was passed around for a period of time, and it was simple a car passing with it showing Dent, now Two-Face flipping a coin, would have been bad ass

Quote from: Seantastic on Fri, 25 Jun  2010, 16:05
It would have been cool, however I feel the ending they went with was the stronger of the two, I mean at this point it was still believed that Burton would be doing a third, and with some people not liking the death of Joker in 89 this atleast kept another character alive and active for a sequel
By not showing Catwoman at the end looking at the batsignal, nothing is sacrificed. Catwoman's existence is hinted at, but it's not outright certain either. By just using the shadow, they still could have easily used Catwoman.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Fri, 25 Jun  2010, 16:15
Quote from: Seantastic on Fri, 25 Jun  2010, 16:05
By not showing Catwoman at the end looking at the batsignal, nothing is sacrificed. Catwoman's existence is hinted at, but it's not outright certain either. By just using the shadow, they still could have easily used Catwoman.

I suppose, I get where your coming from, but tbh this is a film that was supposed to be for kids, I know its not how the film actually panned out (even tho as a child of 2 or so I loved it) but yea, things need to be kinda obvious to make sure they atleast get whats going on

Fri, 25 Jun 2010, 16:56 #25 Last Edit: Fri, 25 Jun 2010, 17:08 by The Dark Knight
Quote from: Seantastic on Fri, 25 Jun  2010, 16:43things need to be kinda obvious to make sure they atleast get whats going on
I don't agree and never will. A program called Lost was masterful at this type of thing, making things open to interpretation and having tons of mystery. Showing Catwoman's shadow is visual film making at its best. Seeing that is all we need to know. It speaks volumes and opens up more questions that prolong thought than it otherwise would have. I don't like dumbing things down just because "it's for kids" or stuff like that. Kids grow up you know, the film does not.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Fri, 25 Jun  2010, 16:56
Quote from: Seantastic on Fri, 25 Jun  2010, 16:43things need to be kinda obvious to make sure they atleast get whats going on
I don't agree and never will. A program called Lost was masterful at this type of thing, making things open to interpretation and having tons of mystery. Showing Catwoman's shadow is visual film making at its best. Seeing that is all we need to know. It speaks volumes and opens up more questions that prolong thought than it otherwise would have. I don't like dumbing things down just because "it's for kids" or stuff like that. Kids grow up you know, the film does not.

Oh God, I totally agree with you man, I hate things made dumber I mean I love films that make you think, American Psycho, Fight Club, two films I love so much, yet two films that require alot of thought, I'm not saying yours wouldn't have been great, hell every ending thast been discussed would have been awesome

I recall reading somewhere that adding Catwoman to the last scenes of the movie was a last-minute decision.  Michelle Pfeiffer's contract was already fulfilled; that was a stunt double both casting the shadow and rising up against the Batsignal, which is why the camera doesn't show her face.  There's ten cents' worth of trivia.

Ooh, another thing that would have been cool--having the final showdown on a half-busted rollercoaster rather than in the arctic pavilion!  I'm sure the cinematography on something like that would have overshadowed even the best acting, but man!  What Burton would have done with that, visually...gives me goosebumps.
The hopeful future Mrs. Cobblepot?

Quote from: Pigeon on Tue,  9 Aug  2011, 05:59
Ooh, another thing that would have been cool--having the final showdown on a half-busted rollercoaster rather than in the arctic pavilion!  I'm sure the cinematography on something like that would have overshadowed even the best acting, but man!  What Burton would have done with that, visually...gives me goosebumps.

I would have loved to see that too!
Why is there always someone who bring eggs and tomatoes to a speech?

"I knew I'd have to kill you. It made me love you more." - Oswald to Selina as she floats away with the helicopter umbrella.

Recently discovered this line and f***ing loved it.