*SPOILER THREAD* - The Flash

Started by Paul (ral), Tue, 23 May 2023, 07:01

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: The Dark Knight on Mon,  3 Jul  2023, 10:24The sequence with Keaton talking about his parents made it all worthwhile to me, and bits and pieces inside the Russian base.

Same! When he talked about his parents I went, oh that's the good stuff!

This shot here is what I feel like a Tim Burton Superman/girl could look like. I know he was doing Superman in the late 90s, but thats when he started doing more "generic-ish" films.

I wasn't sure where to post this, but WB just uploaded a featurette on Keaton's return as Batman. I guess Keaton finally got the Nicholson treatment in the sense that he seemingly did zero interviews for this film.

Quote from: The Joker on Sat, 24 Jun  2023, 14:25I guess someone could try and head cannon all this into one singular timeline, but it would get very convoluted, pretty quickly. Rather than attempt to DC "Linearverse" all this, I'm perfectly OK with variant Earths/Timelines that off shoot from the prime Burtonverse. It's a more clean approach, and shouldn't demean or belittle the variants of the central Burtonverse continuity, but recognizing that, hey, these Burtonverse continuities can be independent from one another.
At the moment, we're looking at at least two main universes, but I think we can consolidate anything else into those two ('89 Comic or Schumacher). The Flash is a hodgepodge of different universes that references '89 and Returns, but not vice-versa. It was created and shut down during the course of the film.

Watching Casshern and always wanted to see a Flash fightscene done like this. Can say I kinda did now!

Saw this on X, and thought it was worth posting since it deals with the many multiverse and timelines that encompasses the Burton/Schumacher films.

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

Nice, that does lay things out nicely. It gets a little more convoluted once you factor in Superman films. In the Batman '89 comic timeline, it's combined with the Superman '78 comic timeline, which includes the first two Superman movies. The Burton/Shumacher timeline would include the Nic Cage Superman film, ever since that was canonized.

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

Quote from: Slash Man on Sun, 27 Aug  2023, 00:45Nice, that does lay things out nicely. It gets a little more convoluted once you factor in Superman films. In the Batman '89 comic timeline, it's combined with the Superman '78 comic timeline, which includes the first two Superman movies. The Burton/Shumacher timeline would include the Nic Cage Superman film, ever since that was canonized.
My preferred timeline would include bits and pieces from the B89 comic and The Flash. That means no Reeve Superman or even Cage, but yes to Wayans Robin and Billy Dee Two-Face. But the story involving them would be different, because I don't like what the comic depicted. I'm comfortable with how Keaton ends up prior to the two Barry Allens arriving (which wouldn't even happen once the Frankenstein timeline gets erased). That material (along with the other batsuits) give highlights of what happened with Keaton's career even though the exact detail was never depicted. I rather like the idea he's safe at home, and still completely physically able to suit up again if required.