New Trailer Out

Started by Slash Man, Thu, 3 Dec 2015, 05:17

Previous topic - Next topic

What did you think of the new trailer?

I don't recall Guinness or Ledger ever knocking the sci-fi and comic-book movie genres' fans the way Eisenberg did, and like Edd says, it's ultimately all about the performance, and so far many of us remain very sceptical about what we've seen of Eisenberg's Lex.
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

Guiness hated Star Wars and Star Wars fans. But I find no fault in his film performance. So, yes.

Quote from: Edd Grayson on Fri, 11 Dec  2015, 08:42
Guiness hated Star Wars and Star Wars fans. But I find no fault in his film performance. So, yes.
Are you sure he hated the fans?

Oh well, he's still one of my favourite actors of all time, and at least he treated the material with respect in terms of his actual performance across the three original films, even if he secretly viewed it with contempt.

Fri, 11 Dec 2015, 09:10 #113 Last Edit: Fri, 11 Dec 2015, 10:00 by Edd Grayson
He did. It's a true story that when a boy went to him asking for an autograph, and told him that he watched the 1977 film a big number of times, Guinness replied that he'll give him an autograph if he promises to never watch the movies again.

Again, his performance as Obi-Wan was awesome, and a standard for all Jedi IMHO.

OK, off topic end for now.  :)

Quote from: Edd Grayson on Fri, 11 Dec  2015, 09:10
He did. It's a true story that when a boy went to him asking for an autograph, and told him that he watched the 1977 film a big number of times, Guinness replied that he'll give him an autograph if he promises to never watch the movies again.
That's kind of funny.  ;D

Although I am a fan of the Star Wars films I'm not a die-hard fanboy, and I kind of respect Guinness for saying that.

Yeah, but he also wanted nothing to do with the films that he made, which is funny to me.  ;D

I always got the idea Guiness was a little creeped out by the fans. I don't think he disliked them so much as he found them a little freaky.

Some of them could have been. I was not around then, but I can imagine.

Quote from: Edd Grayson on Sat, 12 Dec  2015, 16:54Some of them could have been. I was not around then, but I can imagine.
I think if Guiness could've interacted with the modern Star Wars fan, he might not have been so weirded out. But unfortunately he had to contend with Star Wars as the zeitgeist of culture. It was bigger and more ubiquitous in 1977 than the Matrix was in 1999. I can see where the experience might have caused discomfort.

Quote from: thecolorsblend on Sat, 12 Dec  2015, 18:06
Quote from: Edd Grayson on Sat, 12 Dec  2015, 16:54Some of them could have been. I was not around then, but I can imagine.
I think if Guiness could've interacted with the modern Star Wars fan, he might not have been so weirded out. But unfortunately he had to contend with Star Wars as the zeitgeist of culture. It was bigger and more ubiquitous in 1977 than the Matrix was in 1999. I can see where the experience might have caused discomfort.

Some people online said that if you were born after 1977, you are a baby and unimportant as a movie fan, or something like that.  ;D