New Trailer Out

Started by Slash Man, Thu, 3 Dec 2015, 05:17

Previous topic - Next topic

What did you think of the new trailer?

Quote from: Edd Grayson on Tue,  8 Dec  2015, 11:17
Even in the movie universe, I could not see a guy like that running for President. But, if they make him go crazier and more ruthless, just maybe... I'm willing to watch the film open-minded and judge EisenLex properly then.
If they're not going to vote for such a guy when he's (relatively) calm and rational, I don't see how they'll vote for him when he's crazier and more ruthless.

There is absolutely NO precedent for a cackling, weedy, slightly effeminate nerd like Eisenberg's Luthor running for President or even becoming a prominent politician.  It would be stretching credibility too far to portray him in this manner.

If the current DCEU is intending Luthor to be a one-shot villain, it's fair enough.  But I really don't see how he'll have much mileage beyond Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice.

Then again, practically every aspect of the DCEU so far has been utterly misconceived.  Thank goodness Marvel and the MCU is still on their game.  :)
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Tue,  8 Dec  2015, 11:22
But he's surely capable of character growth. He could 'grow up' and become more of that Lex people seem to crave.
Only if they cast a different actor, someone who can play more than a nerdy, nervy, awkward, stammering geek in every film.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Tue,  8 Dec  2015, 11:22
Even in the movie universe, I could not see a guy like that running for President. But, if they make him go crazier and more ruthless, just maybe... I'm willing to watch the film open-minded and judge EisenLex properly then.
I'll reply to you, Edd.

I said at some stage. The mentality of reboots in the comic book genre is simplistic and unimaginative.  It's clear Eisenberg's Lex is green at the moment. But he's surely capable of character growth. He could 'grow up' and become more of that Lex people seem to crave. I think the end of BvS will be key going forward. If his name is mud, or if he manages to spin his way out of things.

Maybe. I don't take anything for granted either before seeing the film, even if I hope for the best.

Quote from: johnnygobbs on Tue,  8 Dec  2015, 11:23
If they're not going to vote for such a guy when he's (relatively) calm and rational, I don't see how they'll vote for him when he's crazier and more ruthless.

There is absolutely NO precedent for a cackling, weedy, slightly effeminate nerd like Eisenberg's Luthor running for President or even becoming a prominent politician.  It would be stretching credibility too far to portray him in this manner.

If the current DCEU is intending Luthor to be a one-shot villain, it's fair enough.  But I really don't see how he'll have much mileage beyond Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice.

Then again, practically every aspect of the DCEU so far has been utterly misconceived.  Thank goodness Marvel and the MCU is still on their game.  :)

I don't think comic books are meant to be really credible. But fair enough. Like I said, I am a fan of the MCU and the 90's toons, and an even bigger fan of DC Comics and DCAU. And once again, I don't like Eisenberg in the role, more than anything else.  ::)

I'm going to drop the references to Trump and his politics.

But I still stand by my main point: Jesse Eisenberg is completely the wrong fit for Lex Luthor.  And his 'Comic Con equals genocide' comments and his disdain for comic-books hardly helps his case.

Quote from: johnnygobbs on Tue,  8 Dec  2015, 11:30

But I still stand by my main point: Jesse Eisenberg is completely the wrong fit for Lex Luthor.  And his 'Comic Con equals genocide' comments and his disdain for comic-books hardly helps his case.

I don't like Eisenberg at all so far, but I won't go into the movie with "He sucks!"in mind, that's all.

Quote from: Edd Grayson on Tue,  8 Dec  2015, 11:27
Maybe. I don't take anything for granted either before seeing the film, even if I hope for the best.
Very well. I respect the fact you're open minded about future possibilities with this Lex.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Tue,  8 Dec  2015, 11:32
Very well. I respect the fact you're open minded about future possibilities with this Lex.

Well, we oughtta think about the future. I want the DCEU to be to best thing since 1992 and Batman Returns and Batman TAS.

Quote from: johnnygobbs on Tue,  8 Dec  2015, 11:30

Yeah if it had been me or TDK that brought him up and mentioned him as much as you have and gave our own opinion on him you'd be running to Ral wanting us banned and posts deleted and giving us a ten post moral lecture. You've done it before you f***ing hypocrite. You can spin it however you want but we know exactly what your intentions were by bringing it up. So you're a liar (and not a very good one) on top of being an ignorant piece of sh*t.

Good job baiting us into saying something though. Now we'd be in more trouble with Ral than you should be. I guess Momma was right. Don't get in a pissing match with a skunk. You'll end up smelling as bad as he does.

Quote from: Edd Grayson on Tue,  8 Dec  2015, 11:35
Quote from: The Dark Knight on Tue,  8 Dec  2015, 11:32

Well, we oughtta think about the future. I want the DCEU to be to best thing since 1992 and Batman Returns and Batman TAS.

I'm with y'all, not really on board with this version of Lex but I'll take an open mind in there. Maybe he'll shock us with a great performance that gives us a good version of Lex. I just hope we don't have Nolanite-type fanboys giving him the "definitive" label (I still say the DCAU version has that title at least over the last couple decades) like they did with a certain grungy anarchist with really bad hygiene back in 2008....

Quote from: Catwoman on Tue,  8 Dec  2015, 18:50
Yeah if it had been me or TDK that brought him up and mentioned him as much as you have and gave our own opinion on him you'd be running to Ral wanting us banned and posts deleted and giving us a ten post moral lecture. You've done it before you f***ing hypocrite. You can spin it however you want but we know exactly what your intentions were by bringing it up. So you're a liar (and not a very good one) on top of being an ignorant piece of sh*t.

Good job baiting us into saying something though. Now we'd be in more trouble with Ral than you should be. I guess Momma was right. Don't get in a pissing match with a skunk. You'll end up smelling as bad as he does.
Don't you dare try to provoke me.

After a certain would-be world leader's frankly RACIST and borderline NAZI-like statements, you have got a f***ing nerve trying to assume the higher moral ground.

And speaking as someone who actually lives in an knows London I can state as a FACT that there are no areas in London that police officers are afraid to enter because of radicalisation.  I think it's very important for me, speaking as someone who knows the FACTS in this instance to point out where a certain individual is not telling the truth.