Think the movie is BAD? - See Batman & Robin for Game.com

Started by Azrael, Fri, 21 Aug 2009, 21:05

Previous topic - Next topic
Apart from the well known PSX title, there was also a cartridge for Tiger's ill-fated Game Boy clone, Game.com. "Enjoy"  the video ;D

Video from Emulator. Inside the museum at around the 5 minute mark a bleep version of the Batman theme is audible, and the backgrounds at 5:30 include, yeah, a Tiger tank. At the end of the vid there's a Bane and Poison Ivy fight.

Video from an actual console with some commentary

damn. quality definetley is not something that stood in their way when making the movie or any of the products for it.

i guess one thing that does come to mind is the fact that kids were in mind when making the movie, so maybe the game was made so younger kids could play? still lame tho.
There is no better Joker. Just different portrayals.

Quotei guess one thing that does come to mind is the fact that kids were in mind when making the movie, so maybe the game was made so younger kids could play?

Console video games in the 80s and 90s were made with primarily kids in mind (well, excluding Mortal Kombat). Being for kids is never an excuse for badness. Super Mario World, Donkey Kong Country and Sonic the Hedgehog were made for kids too, and they still are great games!

you know like 4 year old to 6 or something? yeah youre right tho, those games were pretty much for everyone and killer.
There is no better Joker. Just different portrayals.

Updated the original post with an emu video. This is the only Bat-game I have never played with an emulator, and I'm all the more happy for it! Game.com was also known for some unbelievable horrible versions of classic games, like Sonic, Mortal Kombat and Resident Evil.

- I had this tiger handheld, amongst others, as a child. It was actually more fun than it looks. The game.com Batman and Robin just looks awful.
D. Hennick

holy comatose, batman!!!  ??? ??? ???

anyone who says mario was for kids is completely full of sh*t. i still have never beaten that game.  :( :-[ :( :-[ :( :-[

Which one? If you're talking about the first Super Mario on the NES, well, the first one is still #$@%$