Is there a Dark Knight Rises videogame?

Started by Bobthegoon89, Thu, 22 Nov 2012, 18:38

Previous topic - Next topic
Just wondered if there are plans to release one on the Xbox 360 (I heard a rumour)? Or is it already out? Have no idea. Thanks.

There is a mobile app game, which is not bad despite the clunky gameplay that a touchscreen provides.

It still bugs me that this came out only for mobiles, it could be a solid downloadable game for PSN/XBLA. There is an emulator to play such games on PC I think, but I have yet to find out how it works.

I bet that in the not-too-distant future (maybe ten years out) we'll have video games based on the Nolan films. There's too much money at stake not to do it. They probably don't want to do it now because they're concerned it will interfere with the next Batman franchise.

Still, with video games based on Scarface, Heat and even From Russia With Love (with Connery reprising the role!) I think it's a safe bet it will happen one day.

^ To tell you the truth, if they make games based on the Nolan films when TDKR is, say, 10 years old, while nothing similar ever came out based on the Burton films, it will be a pain in the gut. When it comes to future Bat-games, my hope is for Arkham-like titles. Based on the comics, inspired in parts by the films, cartoons etc. but basically their own thing.

Y'know I got Arkham City for Christmas last year and haven't played a single frame of it yet  ;D Just like my Goldeneye Reloaded title. I must be nuts. I hear the Shreck cat logo pops up in the Arkham game from Batman Returns, is that true?

They haven't made any Batman games based on the Burton films in years so I don't see why that wouldn't be the case for Nolan's films. I think if there is not one now there will never be.

I do however have Batman Begins and while not exactly a masterpiece it's still an enourmously fun game largely for the Batmobile stages. I remember seeing those 3D Batmobile stages from the Sega CD Batman Returns and being pretty pissed I'd never experience them (cos I owned Mega Drive). Fortunately someone who designed the Begins game clearly wanted that style of car chase level for the then "new" iteration and with today's technology. Made those years worth the wait.

Apart from a tie-ins made decades after the film, a sequel in game form is nothing unheard of (most Indiana Jones games since 1992 or Ghostbusters, the 2009 game) but, the thing with Batman and other series that are based on another medium is that the current film version "counts". If the franchise is rebooted, they will probably tie future games to that rebooted version (or make new original ones like Arkham).

Oddly, BB is one of the only Bat-games I have missed (the other is Dark Tomorrow). Vengeance has a broken batmobile level (but a great batwing one), good to know that the batmobile stage in BB is fun. Maybe this Christmas I'll check it out.

Quote from: SilentEnigma on Sun, 25 Nov  2012, 21:14
Apart from a tie-ins made decades after the film, a sequel in game form is nothing unheard of (most Indiana Jones games since 1992 or Ghostbusters, the 2009 game) but, the thing with Batman and other series that are based on another medium is that the current film version "counts". If the franchise is rebooted, they will probably tie future games to that rebooted version (or make new original ones like Arkham).

Oddly, BB is one of the only Bat-games I have missed (the other is Dark Tomorrow). Vengeance has a broken batmobile level (but a great batwing one), good to know that the batmobile stage in BB is fun. Maybe this Christmas I'll check it out.

It's certainly worth getting. It doesn't hold up graphic wise to the new Arkham games obviously but at the time it was great to see a new Batman game based on one of the movies. You even get to have a battle through a burning down Wayne Manor against Ra's al ghul's thugs! Although strangely not directly into the Batcave. Even the much loathed Batman Forever Sega game managed to pull that task off.

I'm actually considering buying a new Mega Drive console lol I've never forgiven my mum for chucking it in the bin after all those years. Sure the graphics are primitive these days but I don't care. I'd like to get Batman Returns on the Mega Drive which is now so cheap to buy on ebay. It was the one Batman game I personally missed.

The Batman Begins game is quite good. One of the better Batman games. Not the Arkhamverse by any stretch, but definitely the raw precursor to it. So yeah, check it out SilentEnigma.