is it just me

Started by Catwoman, Tue, 2 Apr 2013, 19:58

Previous topic - Next topic
or was there like hardly any merchandise for the nolan movies when they came out compared to the burton and especially schumacher movies?

WB seemed to be good at licensing high end items for the Nolan flicks but the cheaper stuff, especially kids toys just plan sucked.

Put them side by side with the Marvel stuff and they are a joke.

What is there to merchandise and license? Most of the people in the movies are a nondescript, plainclothes character.

Quote from: thecolorsblend on Tue,  2 Apr  2013, 20:07
What is there to merchandise and license? Most of the people in the movies are a nondescript, plainclothes character.

good point! ;)

further proof the old franchise (yes even b+r) is better.  ;D

Quote from: Catwoman on Tue,  2 Apr  2013, 20:10
Quote from: thecolorsblend on Tue,  2 Apr  2013, 20:07What is there to merchandise and license? Most of the people in the movies are a nondescript, plainclothes character.

good point! ;)

Of course it's a good point, young lady. It's my point which automatically makes it a good point. And it depends on what you want, really. If you're looking for a movie that (for better or worse) more easily lends itself to marketing and tie-in's and whatnot, yeah, the old franchise is better. That's my view, even. But there are things to admire about the Nolan stuff that obviously have nothing to do with goodies.

It did strike me as interesting though that there doesn't seem to be a comic adaptation for any of the Nolan movies apart from BB. I swear to think other movies have received comic adaptations. It's extra ammo for the people who think Nolan is fundamentally uncomfortable acknowledging that, yes, this is a comic book.

Quote from: thecolorsblend on Tue,  2 Apr  2013, 20:18
Quote from: Catwoman on Tue,  2 Apr  2013, 20:10
Quote from: thecolorsblend on Tue,  2 Apr  2013, 20:07What is there to merchandise and license? Most of the people in the movies are a nondescript, plainclothes character.

good point! ;)

Of course it's a good point, young lady. It's my point which automatically makes it a good point.[/b] And it depends on what you want, really. If you're looking for a movie that (for better or worse) more easily lends itself to marketing and tie-in's and whatnot, yeah, the old franchise is better. That's my view, even. But there are things to admire about the Nolan stuff that obviously have nothing to do with goodies.

It did strike me as interesting though that there doesn't seem to be a comic adaptation for any of the Nolan movies apart from BB. I swear to think other movies have received comic adaptations. It's extra ammo for the people who think Nolan is fundamentally uncomfortable acknowledging that, yes, this is a comic book.

whatever you have to tell yourself :P

and oooo i didn't know they didn't make the comic for his movies. not that i would have read it anyway. lol. and yea i guess there are good things in his movies but i just like the whole atmosphere of the burton/schumacher ones. which is what created the opportunity for all merchandise.

blahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh f*** i was supposed to bold where you said "of course it's a good idea it's mine blah blah blah."

stupid corn dog *slaps forehead*

Quote from: Catwoman on Tue,  2 Apr  2013, 20:48blahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh f*** i was supposed to bold where you said "of course it's a good idea it's mine blah blah blah."

stupid corn dog *slaps forehead*
Yeah, wow, it's almost enough to make you wish there was a "modify" button you could click on to fix goofups in your posts. *sigh* If only.

Oh wait...

Now, children, play nice.
"There's just as much room for the television series and the comic books as there is for my movie. Why wouldn't there be?" - Tim Burton

no. *throws play-doh at tcb*