Keaton and Nicholson 12'' Figures

Started by Cocoboloboy, Tue, 15 Apr 2008, 15:23

Previous topic - Next topic
Tue, 15 Apr 2008, 15:23 Last Edit: Thu, 17 Apr 2008, 18:58 by Cocoboloboy
Here's a few quick pics of my 1989 Batman and Joker 12'' figures.

I'll post some more and better pics of the figures and my 1989 Batman display case later.

Batman is custom made by Shawn of Sovereign Studios. It has a solid resin head with a form fitting, nonremovable rubber cowl. All the armor is rubber over a spandex suit with surprisingly good articulation.
The only things I did to Shawn's Batman were repaint the yellow batsymbol more to my liking and put a black wash on the belt.

Both Joker head sculpts were made and painted by a very talented man by the name of Les Walker.

The drippy Joker head is on a bbi body with V1 clothes.
The Parade joker has Les' normal white faced sculpt and is on the normal V2 body with V2 clothes. I dyed the hanky and tie a little darker but I'll be making a completely new green tie and hanky soon.

The wide brimmed hat on the parade Joker is custom made by me out of purple felt. I offer them to anybody who wants one for $25.

Im envious of you guys. I really want those. Nice job on the hats, btw.

Wed, 16 Apr 2008, 01:03 #3 Last Edit: Wed, 16 Apr 2008, 01:05 by Cocoboloboy
Thanks guys!
Your SS Bats is an older version mykbyk. Shawn made mine about two months ago.
Here's a picture of another, older version Shawn made that I have. SS is on the right alongside my Alex Rojas' Batman on the left. I don't like it as much as my newer one.

I'd love to see a pic of yours sometime to check out the differences.
Les is a great customizer. The two heads, especially the all white one, is very realistic.
And yes, that  hat fits the V2 Joker heads just fine.

So your the one who got that Bats off ebay. You dirty dog!  ;D I was bidding on that but forgot about it and missed it when it ended. That's a great looking Batman. You make sure to give me first dibs if you sell him. ;)

He looks great. I didn't think that looked like the original cape and that box is awesome. You've got one great figure there. Sorry it took an extra year and $100 to get him though. :'(

Glad you like your hat mykbyk!

This is where my three "89 figs reside right now. As soon as Bruce Wayne arrives I'll have to build a bigger display box.

those look awesome.  Can we upload them into the customs gallery on the main site?

Quote from: raleagh on Thu, 24 Apr  2008, 07:52
those look awesome.  Can we upload them into the customs gallery on the main site?

Sure can. I'll try and get some better pics later. I'm in the process of modifying Jokers clothing a bit.

Finally got my Bruce Wayne figure from ABC and I love it! The sculpt is great but the colors aren't accurate so I'll be repainting him for sure.

The tux is perfect. Very well made and fits great. I'll probably end up making a court house steps version out of him though.