Need Help for a Batman-Art-Project (Batman Eras)

Started by BareKnuckled, Sat, 15 Dec 2012, 13:42

Previous topic - Next topic
Hey Guys and Girls,
My art-teacher gave us the Task of tinkering a Book of any kind. The Bats-fan I am, I decided to make a "Batman-Book". Though im still incredibly happy that I was allowed to do so, I'm now at a point where I need some help from you, fellow Batfans, concerning 2 Points.   :D

The idea of the book is to compare the different ages or eras Batman has gone through over the years. Since I'll have to compare very different media like TV-shows, movies, comics etc. in this, I think that I should focus on the tone/atmosphere, general style and different characterizations of the main characters. As to everything, I'm open about this point, so if you have any suggestions, I'd be very grateful to read them  :)

Please note that this project is just to give a very basic overview and is not directed at hardcore-fans but my art-teacher 

But my first problems is : I'm not sure which "Ages" to pick.  :-/ I'm only sure about the first and the last  I don't even know how many are necessary to do justice to the immense changes the Bat has undergone over the years, though I don't think that I can do more than 4 - 5 time-wise ...
So here is my first, provisional selection:

1. "Golden Age"( Kane & Finger, 1939-1950 )

2. ABC Television Era (1966 - 1968 ) ??

3. Alan Moore & Frank Miller Era (1986 - 1988 ) ??

4. Chris Nolan Era ( 2005-2012 )

Do you think it's ok to leave Silver and Bronze Age, Tim Burton, The Animated Series or even Schumacher out or am I missing something really basic by omitting them ? The book shouldn't be for Batman geeks but for my Art-Teacher who knows close to nothing about Batman

My second problem is: I'm only an apprentice learning,reading and watching as much of Batman (but) who doesn't know everything about him yet, so i don't really know how to characterize the particular Eras  . So could you maybe help me with your ideas of what defines the particular Ages:-\

As a new person to the community,I'm endlessly grateful for everybody reading this long text,contributing and helping me.

P.S: I'll keep you updated about the process with some pics of my Book - if you want :)